Railroad Forums 

• Lake Shore Limited

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1635404  by twropr

49-21 had a Horizon coach first out (assume it was deadhead) and an extra coach (assume it was from NY).
First extra coach I've seen since last Christmas season.
Andy
 #1635405  by CSRR573

twropr wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:09 pm 49-21 had a Horizon coach first out (assume it was deadhead) and an extra coach (assume it was from NY).
Andy
That might have been 54569. It spent a few days tested on the DownEaster.
 #1635421  by Railjunkie

CSRR573 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:11 pm
twropr wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:09 pm 49-21 had a Horizon coach first out (assume it was deadhead) and an extra coach (assume it was from NY).
Andy
That might have been 54569. It spent a few days tested on the DownEaster.
It was, I hated having those cars on that train when I was in uniform no way to dim the lights at night, the rode rough and were loud. Of course people complained why cant you do this, you should be able to do that. Sorry Its really a commuter car.
 #1635440  by twropr

48 this morning had 64 axles (normal 52). I observed the train from the Fairport cam and observed one extra engine, one extra coach and a deadhead sleeper on the extreme rear. It appears the LAKE SHORE has been handling an additional coach every other day since Tues the 19th.
Andy
 #1635462  by Railjunkie

twropr wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:55 am 48 this morning had 64 axles (normal 52). I observed the train from the Fairport cam and observed one extra engine, one extra coach and a deadhead sleeper on the extreme rear. It appears the LAKE SHORE has been handling an additional coach every other day since Tues the 19th.
Andy
The train yesterday was busy passenger wise in coach, I believe the coach attendant said it was around 320ish. Busy right out of Chi-town. Just the normal Xmas rush that coach will disappear like like Santa and his elves once the season is over.
 #1635561  by urr304

They probably could have two extra coaches and filled them during the holiday season [past Jan.2nd]. What is their criteria for adding cars, how many standing byes does it take?
 #1635615  by F40CFan

This morning's LSL 49(27) had 3 V 1 sleepers. The first one in the New York section was painted in Phase III. I checked the window arrangement and it was a V1. It also looked to have the ridge down the center of the roof which the VIIs lack.