• Juniata Terminal PRR E-8s Return to NY&LB 6/15

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by njt4172

I use a Pentax SF1 with 50 mm lense and kodak 200 speed print film. I also had my 3.2 pixel digital camera with me, but I didn't use it for the E8's!

Steve

by OCtrainguy

I have two cameras I use when railfanning.

-Canon EOS Rebel G
-Canon EOS Rebel 2000

My lenses are both Canon - 28-90 mm and 75-300 mm.

I usually use the Rebel G for slide film as the autofocus no longer works. For print film, I used 200 speed when the E8As ran, but I also use 400 speed depending on the weather conditions.

Last edited by OCtrainguy on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by BlockLine_4111

My cameras: Sony 5.1 MP Cyber-shot (digital) and a Canon sure shot 115u (35mm).

by General

I have a large collection of cameras, although for the E8's, I was using my Canon EOS Elan IIE with a Sigma 28-300mm lense for the Kodachromes. For the black & whites I was using one of my Minolta SRT-101's with a Minolta 50mm lense with an R25A filter.

by nick11a

Not bad Don! I would have seen you Don at Perth Amboy if I didn't have to go to work. Being that I grew up a block from there, I have a certain fondness for that spot.

by Don31

nick11a wrote:Not bad Don! I would have seen you Don at Perth Amboy if I didn't have to go to work. Being that I grew up a block from there, I have a certain fondness for that spot.
Thanks Mr. Nick! :-D

by njtmnrrbuff

Great shot Don. My mother actually grew up in Perth Amboy, on high street not far from the river. The park there is a great place to take shots.

by Don31

The park is a great place, but the light is MUCH better in the morning.....

by njtmnrrbuff

Exactly true. You could always walk on the sand underneath the trestle. You could get pretty good shots of southbounds with the old signal bridge. I had fun photographing the excursion. I was in Belmar. I hope someday transit decides to run an excursion open to the public with that, especially now that most of their railfan paranoia is over.

by Don31

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:Exactly true. You could always walk on the sand underneath the trestle. You could get pretty good shots of southbounds with the old signal bridge. I had fun photographing the excursion. I was in Belmar. I hope someday transit decides to run an excursion open to the public with that, especially now that most of their railfan paranoia is over.
I actually had a very strong urge to walk underneath to the other side, but there was alot of activity at the steel plant (I think thats what it is) and I wasn't sure if I'd be trespassing or not.

Years ago I shot some NJT E8s when they were still in revenue service from that side of the bridge, but in South Amboy.

by Metalrailz

Hey Don it was cool meeting you in South Amboy,

Nick I thought that was you when I drove by the station area.
We also had three other indivdiuals by us taking pictures, afterwards they were talking about chasing the train to Bay Head. Don and I had a good laugh, 4:30 in the afternoon during rush hour...haha good luck...

by nick11a

Metalrailz wrote:Hey Don it was cool meeting you in South Amboy,

Nick I thought that was you when I drove by the station area.
We also had three other indivdiuals by us taking pictures, afterwards they were talking about chasing the train to Bay Head. Don and I had a good laugh, 4:30 in the afternoon during rush hour...haha good luck...
Well, I'm tall and thin and have glasses and easily stand out of the crowd, so yes, that may well have been me. :-D