• Juniata Terminal PRR E-8s Return to NY&LB 6/15

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by maddog5150

http://www.prrths.com/Phila_Whatsnew.htm

On Thursday June 15th as part of Railway Age's 150th Anniversary and the APTA convention in New York City a special train will run from Hoboken to Bay Head with all private equipment furnished by the Morristown and Erie and Juniata Terminal. The train departs Hoboken at 2:45PM.

Tuscan returns to the New York and Long Branch!
Juniata Terminal will be operating the EP22s on special inspection train along the NYLB.
Here is your chance to pick your spot and snap a few photos.
Remember to stay safe when you are out on the railroad.
OPERATING PLAN
SPECIAL INSPECTION TRAIN
OPERATED FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE APTA SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Time Line for Thursday. June 15, 2006
Train 8303 (Westbound)
2:45 PM Depart: HOBOKEN
3:01 PM Pass: DOCK (EAST)
3:16 PM Pass: UNION
3:39 PM Pass: LONG BRANCH
4:42 PM Arrive: BAY HEAD
Train 8304 (Eastbound)
5:20 PM Depart: BAY HEAD
5:42 PM Pass: LONG BRANCH
6:22 PM Pass: UNION
6:51 PM Pass: DOCK (EAST)
7:14 PM Arrive: HOBOKEN

Does anyone know when the consist will arrive in Hoboken (deadhead) and return to Philly?

by Diamond_D7

are these units coming from the Harrisburg area (NS Lehigh Line through Jersey?) or Philly (CSX Trenton Line?)?. Thanks for the heads up, what a great trip idea!

by chuchubob

They're coming up from Philly on the Corridor "late Friday" to MMC.

by Steve F45

what does this train look like? i tried finding pics but no luck.

by NY&LB

The locomotovies are two E-8's painted in PRR tuscan red with gold lettering and stripes. They look just like every PRR train looked on the NY&LB "back in the day"...except they will be CLEAN. I have no idea what the train consist will look like, I believe Mr. Bennet also owns a few cars painted in PRR tuscan red as well. I also think chuchubob has posted some links to some of his pictures of the E-8s. Just found one of chuchubob's links:

http://www.transitspot.com/gallery2/v/u ... -03+17.jpg [url]

Unfortunately I will be on the left coast next week.

by Steve F45

besides beeing a good photo-op at hoboken and all the spots on nec and njcl. Will this be a public ride?

by transit383

An hour to get from Long Branch to Bay Head? Even with all of NJT's schedule padding, it doesn't take a local that long...

Sounds like a good photo op though!

by nick11a

Thanks for posting the operational instructions there Maddog. Much appreciated.

by njtmnrrbuff

I will try to be stationed somewhere to photograph the move. It will be nice to see the Pennsy E8s return to the Coastline. Let's hope the weather is nice.

by chuchubob

2005Vdub wrote:besides beeing a good photo-op at hoboken and all the spots on nec and njcl. Will this be a public ride?
It's a private train; very expensive with businesses picking up most of the tab. It's a fundraiser for an APTA scholarship fund.

by njt4172

chuchubob wrote:
2005Vdub wrote:besides beeing a good photo-op at hoboken and all the spots on nec and njcl. Will this be a public ride?
It's a private train; very expensive with businesses picking up most of the tab. It's a fundraiser for an APTA scholarship fund.
Any conductors on here gonna bid the job?? I'm assuming since it will be running mostly on NJT rails I would think NJT will require crews to staff and work it....No?

by sullivan1985

njt4172 wrote:
chuchubob wrote:
Any conductors on here gonna bid the job?? I'm assuming since it will be running mostly on NJT rails I would think NJT will require crews to staff and work it....No?
I would assume that a crew qualified from Hoboken to Bay Head will be called off the list.

by Steve F45

chuchubob wrote:
ok, i'll be at hoboken before it leaves. Im sure its probably goign to be pretty packed.

by snavely

What are they going to do in Bay Head for 38 minutes?