• How to make $210k income at the LIRR + plus free transit!

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by jayrmli

Form 19 wrote:That Engineer didn't just make his money on salary and penalties he also worked 6 or 7 days a week. Newsday never prints that. But who really cares, this is life and their isn't much they can do about it.

Don't fault Newsday for not printing the complete news. The Editor must figure that the average Newsday reader will not bother to read the whole paper anyway and it will wind up at the bottom of a bird cage.
Or maybe it will wind up with the other invisible copies of the paper that Newsday will use to artificially inflate their circulation figures.

Snewsday shouldn't be casting stones at anyone!

Jay

by jg greenwood

bodhisattva wrote:What the article doesnt mention is that the engr in question worked 6 and even 7 days a week to boost his pension. What is so wrong with that?
Absolutely nothing! IIRC, railroad retirement is based upon an individual's "best" 5 years. It only make sense that someone with 5 years to go until retirement make every dime that he can. To not do so would be foolish.

by LIRRLIARS

Clem you are totally wrong. If I had a wrong attitude i would post names in here and really let the #$#@ hit the fan. The fact of the matter is clem that there were 4 individuals who made about 140,000 working the protect in NY. They had far less senority then other men who worked the protects, and things were done to make them money. It went so far that a certain car inspector would "not be able" to fix a probem and thereby give the supervisors a reason to dole out the money. There was even a time when two senior men took the job for a month straight and were given a "flat day" every single day. Yet when they gave up and went elsewhere, the day 5 an 6 started right up again. Now check the earnings of the top 100 conductors and compare it with these 4. I will tell ya what clem, I will tell ya the names of the supervisors and conductors involved in a private message.. now that you will know too lets see what you do with the info.. ready to put your money where your mouth is? Or are you part of the problem?
  by Head-end View

Well Newsday has a history of distorting the facts and quoting things out of context. Remember a few years ago they did a similar number on the Nassau County cops. They pointed out how some were making upwards of 100 thousand a year. But like with the LIRR, they were actually only talking about a small number of people. A cop friend of mine told me he has never even come close to that amount of $ in one year. So it just depends what particular group Newsday is singling out this year.

by MACTRAXX

I read this article myself and I'd like to see both sides of the story before I offer any judgement. This makes me recall sometime back in the early 90s I believe someone reported on a MNCR employe that made over 100 thousand dollars..what was not mentioned that this particular employe practically lived there working 7 days and 80 or more hours a week. Is seems the press go for the sensational approach instead of just reporting the news...just my opinion...MACTRAXX

by Noel Weaver

This whole thing is just a bunch of "CRAP", it is not doing the LIRR any
good and it is not doing its employees any good either.
I suggest the moderator(s) lock it up and put it to sleep for good.
Noel Weaver

by emfinite

Noel,

We'll keep it open and delete offensive posts. Keep it clean guys. If you have something to prove (LIRRLIARS) put it in a private message.

Thanks,
Joe

by Form 19

LIARS..your passionate statement is noble but be careful. Most of the LIRR managment read this board and unless you have real proof your accusations can be regarded as libelous and cost you a lot more than you bargained for. Say what you got to say privately.

by Clem

LIARS, I did receive your personal note. I will reply personally and we can decide where you want to go with this. I'll take it as far as you wish.

Do bear in mind that claims and accusations, even if true and accompanied with lots of circumstances, aren't easy to prove. I know you are considering retirement and that may put you in a unique situation that you should consider when persuing these allegations.

Clemuel

by Otto Vondrak

This labor bickering and dispute over wages is non-productive and sounds like a bunch of outsiders trying to bait our users. I hear some other railroad-oriented forum may be interested in this kind of stuff. I am taking it upon myself to lock this thread, so if you have a beef with that, please email me.

Now, let's get back to the trains.

-otto-