• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on NS Southern Tier

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Chrisgr

I didn't know the NS units will be working in Russia and Ukraine.
  by charlie6017

Scharnhorst and sd80mac, you are both out of line! If you have problems with
each other, take it to personal messages and keep it private.

How about you guys cool it and let's get back on topic?

Thank you!

Charlie
  by scharnhorst

Chrisgr wrote:I didn't know the NS units will be working in Russia and Ukraine.
I a whole different conversation started by a trolling stalker trying to sell me a cell phone plan on here and won't leave me alone. The NS Units that were supposed to be talking about are something that everyone would like to see operate across southern New York State.
  by Leo_Ames

The new issue of Trains arrived today and had a writeup about the program. Nothing new for the most part, but it confirms that the New Haven (And at least one other line, the Providence & West Virginia) were eliminated since NS doesn't operate any of their former trackage today.
  by Matt Langworthy

Leo_Ames wrote:The new issue of Trains arrived today and had a writeup about the program. Nothing new for the most part, but it confirms that the New Haven (And at least one other line, the Providence & West Virginia) were eliminated since NS doesn't operate any of their former trackage today.
The P&WV is actually the Pittsburgh & West Virginia.
  by Matt Langworthy

joshuahouse wrote:The reflection of the puddle really adds something. Will look much nicer reflected in the Susquahanna Lehigh or Delaware though.
Number 8104 looks really, really sharp. I can't wait to see her on the Tier. NS rounded out the GEVO heritage units in fine style.
Last edited by Matt Langworthy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by scharnhorst

Farmer Joe wrote:One SWEET looking unit here..............Lehigh Valley lives!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 891&nseq=0
I wonder if they would ever do one in the Snow Bird paint job?
  by Matt Langworthy

scharnhorst wrote:
Farmer Joe wrote:One SWEET looking unit here..............Lehigh Valley lives!!!!!!!!!!

Probably not... since white is hard to keep clean. IMO, it looks like NS chose the heritage units to be as colorful as possible. Since they already have plans for severla black & white heritage units, using cornell red makes sense to me.
  by poppyl

Keep your eyes open, folks. You may see one of the GE's on the Tier sooner than you think. Look for one to headend the Bow or Cayuga coal drags maybe.

Poppyl
  by roadster

Awesome LV paint. While I was hoping they'd put the flag behind the cab, like the C628's. This paint nicely matches the LV sceme on most of their fleet at the end.
  by Matt Langworthy

poppyl wrote:Keep your eyes open, folks. You may see one of the GE's on the Tier sooner than you think. Look for one to headend the Bow or Cayuga coal drags maybe.
Did the AES Cauyga plant reopen? I thought it was bankrupt.
  by sd80mac

Matt Langworthy wrote:
scharnhorst wrote:

Probably not... since white is hard to keep clean. IMO, it looks like NS chose the heritage units to be as colorful as possible. Since they already have plans for severla black & white heritage units, using cornell red makes sense to me.

It was my understanding that NS want each RR's ORIGINAL paint scheme. It was already mentioned earlier.