• GMTX GP38 #2081 in Pond?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Backshophoss

Now the question is will NY+A spend the $$$ to install ASC,or only allow 2081 to trail??
  by mikey cruz

To keep it and use it as a trailer only seems like it would be a pain in the ass.
  by jayrmli

My guess is it will only be used in trail and/or local operations in Queens where ASC isn't needed...
  by mikey cruz

to free up other road loco's I guess, and the second one will reenforce that.
  by MrGP10

What's the latest with the 2081? How many are arring in total/ Any others to arrive down the line?
  by break the seals

MrGP10 wrote:What's the latest with the 2081? How many are arring in total/ Any others to arrive down the line?
Last I saw it was in Morris Park waiting for it's new traction motor. That was a 4 days ago.
  by Uncle Cheapo

Lets see, the NYA does not, and will not own it, no there is no more leasers comming, and it will be used trail only.
  by DogBert

Maybe they should forgo another 38' and see if they can get that ex lirr c420 off la&l - maybe it still has ASC on it, and hey, it'd be only 3 years older than 2081.

(ridiculous, I know, but I had to say it)
  by tahawus84

nice to see its being used out on the road. hopefully its not just being tested out. hopefully they dont repaint it
  by mikey cruz

well if it's not gonna be fitted wit ASC then I'd leave it in it's colors so it's easier to identify.
  by SlackControl

Is this the first time since the GP10 that we've seen foreign power on the LIRR? When as the last time that engine ran?
Or, were the Metra E8s the last foreign power?
  by emfinite

The 9373 went back to L&I and the 9321 is sitting in the West Yard and Pond.
  by Backshophoss

IS the L&I(9321) Switcher still usable? or OOS??