Railroad Forums 

• GMTX GP38 #2081 in Pond?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1150775  by tahawus84

So just another lease engine? Why are are they sending the other one they already have away? Aren't they they same engine pretty much?
 #1151837  by jayrmli

That's an awfully expensive maintenance rotation. It's not cheap to move a locomotive from one place to another, particularly to NYA. If it comes via CSX, it will be held up so Metro North can bless it with their holy water so ensure it clears third rail. Then if you want it to be used on the LIRR, same for them...
 #1152170  by DogBert

Whatever is wrong with 2081, it's shut down outside of the shop.

I see 9321 was moved up to fremont on a stub track sometime in the last year. I imagine it'll ship out too sooner or later (probably later).

That 'new' one won't have cab signals. It looks like it's been in the midwest all of it's life. I believe LIRR's ASC isn't used by any other railroad, so no leasers that show up will lead. Maybe if MNRR uses the same ASC they could lease one from P&W or CSX - but they only have so many set up to run down here as well. Doesn't matter though - NYA can bracket whatever comes. They need extra power with the longer trains, not necessarily power that can lead.
 #1152243  by Uncle Cheapo

Nothing is wrong with it, GATX sold that unit to another railroad. GATX must replace that unit at their expense. Soon as the new one arrives ( and it is not the one everyone thinks) 2081 will leave.
 #1152821  by MrGP10

Interesting so the 2219 is not the replacement for the 2081? I guess 2080 or something will replace it than?
 #1153077  by freightguy

Lol, is Metro North aware of this? Is that part of the new business fleet now that the passenger coach is gone?