Railroad Forums 

• Eastbound SU100/ Wednesday 30 November 2005

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#191001  by Steve F45

saw them sittin in ridgefield park around 2ish.

#191057  by RichM

I was running late last night, in a rush to get home, around 10:30 PM, red lights flashing and ding-ding-ding in Wyckoff and I had to wait at the crossing for ten minutes. Nice to see them moving by quickly though... wow, there were a load of trash hoppers! And the rails aren't bouncing with the train there anymore.

#191165  by Lackawanna484

Ten minutes is a long time for an empty 50-60 car train going downhill. Suskie is doing about 35mph in Wycoff, right?

#191436  by RichM

Wrong way, westbound (north?)... more than 60 cars I think... a lot of loaded hoppers, maybe 20-30 of these alone, I noticed because they're piled pretty high and I would think generate some debris if they're not wet down before leaving. A number of tank cars, unknown contents, and a number of carbon dioxide tankers too. It was odd the way it was assembled, several hoppers, other stuff, more hoppers, other stuff, and ended with auto racks and center-sill lumber carriers.
Ten minutes was my grossly high estimate of time... yes, I would say 25-30 mph, and maybe 5 minutes!