• Eastbound SU100/ Wednesday 30 November 2005

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by David Hutchinson

Through Warwick at 8:55 AM:

NYSW 3672
NYSW 3660
NYSW 3020
NYSW 3016
NYSW 3634

by Steve F45

saw them sittin in ridgefield park around 2ish.

by David Hutchinson

They actually sat at Pelton Road for an hour.............

by RichM

I was running late last night, in a rush to get home, around 10:30 PM, red lights flashing and ding-ding-ding in Wyckoff and I had to wait at the crossing for ten minutes. Nice to see them moving by quickly though... wow, there were a load of trash hoppers! And the rails aren't bouncing with the train there anymore.

by Lackawanna484

Ten minutes is a long time for an empty 50-60 car train going downhill. Suskie is doing about 35mph in Wycoff, right?

by RichM

Wrong way, westbound (north?)... more than 60 cars I think... a lot of loaded hoppers, maybe 20-30 of these alone, I noticed because they're piled pretty high and I would think generate some debris if they're not wet down before leaving. A number of tank cars, unknown contents, and a number of carbon dioxide tankers too. It was odd the way it was assembled, several hoppers, other stuff, more hoppers, other stuff, and ended with auto racks and center-sill lumber carriers.
Ten minutes was my grossly high estimate of time... yes, I would say 25-30 mph, and maybe 5 minutes!