• Disposition of the FA-1/-2 and F-7/-9 powerpacks

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by H.F.Malone

The cut-off FA cab was originally NH 0402. LIRR got it from ALCO during the time of the first C420 deliveries; it had been traded in by NH for the C424 order at that time. It was shipped to LI on a flatcar-- an issue of the NHRHTA "Shoreliner" shows it on the flat at Fresh Pond.

After the fair was over, the FA cab and the cut-off end of the heavyweight obscar were given to a summer camp-day school in Nassau County. That is where the OB group got 'em from.

by Long Island 7285

That would be camp tangle wood whitch was located where the seinor home now is on ocean ave and pennisula blvd.

by Richard Glueck

I have suggested that Friends of 35 request the 3100 FA car body when it's time coes and reattach the FA1 cab to it, and bring back a LIRR FA. I think differing historical perspectives feel that it is a better piece as the LIRR Worlds Fair exhibit. That's okay. I've been heard and that's all that matters. For the life of me, I can't understand why LIRR mutilated a complete FA2 and created something as ugly as the 3100 to tow behind finished passenger cars. At least the FA2 had controls. Again, nobody asked my opinion!

by RRChef

Off the subject slightly, but wasn't there a diesel cab in a junkyard in Oceanside or some other place like that? I vaguely remember something, I'm not sure if it was Alco or EMD. Anyone know if it is still there?If it's Alco that would be a good thing for 3100 if it still exists.