• Diesel Action @ Port Wash - 10/16

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by M1 9147

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it!

by NIMBYkiller

Your timing was incredible that day Barry. I was only 2 blocks away from the station. Too bad all I had was my cell phone camera....BTW, I got stopped that day for taking pictures(by an engineer, the MOW gang was totally cool about my taking pictures). They were lifting the bulldozer onto this little cart...got shots of the entire process!

I also got stopped today....and then questioned by MTA Police....no big deal this time though.

Oh yeah, one of the buses had a sign that said "Protect Bus" on it, lol.

by 9C1LT1

MAJOR Action on the Port Wash Branch Yesterday!

At around 12noon MP-15 #161 & 171 headed east to Port Wash to pick up the hoppers, here is the view of them on the Manhasset Trestle.

Then after a quick visit to Port Wash they were off! Here is "Long Island Work 1" Blasting through Little Neck with 171 leading the 161 and the 5 loaded hoppers from Port Wash Station in tow.

There was more action as well, TC (track car?) 82 made a morning run to Great "Neck interlocking". From there it went west, calling out the blocks, Neck to Bay, Bay to Shea, Shea to Wood.

It sure was nice to see diesels working on the Port Wash branch!

-Barry

by Dave Keller

Barry:

What a terific shot of the pair of diesels on the Manhasset viaduct!!

And a sunny day to boot!

Dave Keller

by NIMBYkiller

AHHH!!! I'm going to kick your ass when I see you Barry! I was at Cafe Porto again at 11:30! Dude, you are a dead man, lol.

BTW, kick ass photos....I see that new construction hasn't gotten in your way just yet.

And BTW, I didn't see any track work done at PW.

by M1 9147

Barry, once again nice pics man!