Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1639763  by Bracdude181

They were West through Freehold at 12:20. Waiting for track crew to clear the Jamesburg bridge.

Mount Vernon road has finally been repaired but whatever they did at Monmouth Battlefield made the tracks worse. Train sways more now and the track shifts around even more.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

#1639766  by BattleshipNJ

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:13 pm Apparently the first train over the new bridge in Jamesburg just ran moments ago. Looks like for now they will start running out of Jamesburg again.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk
I was wondering why the train to Woodhaven was passing through Freehold from Jamesburg. Didn't think the bridge was completed yet. Caught 752 leading 1888(I think) through Freehold with two loaded centerbeams that I assumed were for Woodhaven earlier today.

Track work has shifted into Freehold. One of the grade crossings just past BG in Freehold was being ripped up and replaced as of 9AM this morning. New rails, pavement, etc. The whole works, it looked like. Bunch of MoW equipment parked on the Freehold team track, which incidentally blocks in 2005 and a mostly loaded EH Allen shipment parked on said team track until the equipment is moved. Also saw two covered hoppers with the BDRV 133 caboose sandwiched in between parked on the rebuilt passing track.