• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

Looks like the Southbound wye has been tamped and connected the switch at Southard Ave. There is still equipment parked on it however.

I do wonder if it will be used this upcoming week
  by JohnFromJersey

I wonder if Conrail dropped any cars for DRRR in Jamesburg this week. Seems highly unlikely.

JB-1 ran yesterday, with a single bulkhead railcar, to pick up three(!) boxcars from Earle, and I believe they also picked up the tanker for Laird's at Brick Recycling.

Of the three boxcars they picked up, two were from last week's drop, no idea where the third one came from. If it was a boxcar that Earle owns, that means another transfer will occur when/if it is returned. I do wonder what was in those boxcars, and I do wonder if this transfer will happen again, or if it's a one-time only thing.
  by CharlieL

Well, if nothing else, maybe it will get the powers-that-be at Earle (and perhaps MDL) to think "Hmmm- this might be useful". We can hope, though it probably would take a major national security threat to change things.
  by Bracdude181

SA31 dropped 11 or so cars for Woodhaven at Jamesburg about 5 minutes ago and picked up freehold empties and 2 cars from Earle that C&D picked up yesterday.

Lakewood run tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

The remains of the whitesville road crossing got hit by a car again.Image

by Strasburg90

Hey all.

I often lurk and read but don't post much. First off want to wish everyone a happy healthy new years.

Bracdude you mentioned SA31 dropping off cars for C&D Friday around 2:30. I work in the Dayton area in Heller industrial park and leave work around 2:30-3:00 Fridays. I caught a train going under 130 on my way home so turned off toward Dayton assuming I could catch them run around and chase a couple crossings(success). Assuming the train I saw was SA31? It seemed like it was a very healthy train with a lot of cars, and a lot of cars loaded with wood. I am guessing these were the cars for Woodhaven?

After having worked in the South Brunswick/Dayton area the past five or so years, it was cool to finally get lucky with timing to catch a train use the run around in Dayton after work before I head back home.
  by JohnFromJersey

Happy New Year All.

I have been hearing that bridge work is supposed to start sooner rather than later, and that they are not waiting until the Spring to start the work.
  by Bracdude181

Per Facebook someone heard the train in Freehold. Can anyone confirm a Woodhaven run today?