Railroad Forums 

• CSX track worker spt hiring pool

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1025658  by Doug85

I was invited to a hiring session for track worker spt Lyons, NY on Feb 28th. Got an e-mail saying I was selected and placed in a pool the following monday. Does anyone know if they will be pulling people soon there was only 17 people at the session and not everyone stayed. Just want to know if my chances are good or if anyone else was there and selected or at another location.
 #1025733  by dover

I interviewed the same day at a different location and was also place in hiring pool. I dont have the answers your looking for I guess we just wait it out and see what happens. Not alot of people respond to questions on here unless they pertain to conductor positions. Maybe someone will shed some light.
 #1027705  by Doug85

Thanks for responding. I guess we'll just play the waiting game. Hopefully they will call sooner rather than later. I don't know if I should apply for other tack worker positions or if I am eligible for an offer on any of them.
 #1027913  by ltshepherd

Glad to see you guys at least got an interview. I applied for same position out of Cumberland Maryland and application is still "pending review". Hoping to get an invite to hiring session soon! Congrats to you both though!
 #1028016  by Doug85

Good luck to you too and thank you. If i hear anything else i will post. I don't know how many they invite to sessions, but some applicants had traveled from as far as Florida to attend the session in Waterloo, NY. It was less than 20 people if that is any indication.
 #1029932  by Doug85

dover wrote:My status has changed from "completed" to "eligible for offer" Maybe things are looking up?
Mine did too I was thinking the same thing!
 #1029980  by fastvsix

I believe eligible for offer is saying you are in the pool. I also had an interview for a signals position and was placed in a pool. My status changed to eligible for offer only a few hours after the interview. I am hoping I get called up soon. From my searches on here and elsewhere, I have yet to find someone that was placed in a pool and was not called up to the next step recently.
 #1031194  by fastvsix

Did they tell you guys you'd be put in a pool if selected? They told my hiring session that if selected we would be in a pool. I'm am hoping my number gets pulled soon. Every email that comes to my phone gets me anxious lol. Keep us updated and I will do the same. Kind of curious to how this csx pool thing works out.
 #1031461  by Doug85

Yes I was told that I would be placed in a pool if selected. Now I can only wait, from what I gather waiting a few months for a call isn't out of the ordinary.
 #1031521  by fastvsix

I have a friend that is a mow worker. He started out as a track repairer. It took him 10 months. That was 5 years ago but I bet not much has changed.
 #1060437  by dover

Just checkin in.
4 months gone by and still in the pool.
I also have app. that is pending review and has been like that for 15 months though
 #1062692  by Doug85

Got the offer letter June 13th. Authorized background check. Drove to Selkirk for strength test. took physical and drug screen on the 29th. have to go back for hearing test cause they forgot the first time.
Hopefully have a start date soon. ill keep posting