• CSX REDI Center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by biscuit

I may be interested in that. Depends on what shift everyone gets assigned to and all. Looks like we will have some stuff to discuss at the airport for 3 hours :-D
  by DRay

I got my Itin too. Thinking about taking the train downtown from ATL during that long wait for the shuttle. I think I'm going to go ahead and store my luggage in the storage facilities in baggage claim in ATL.
  by Combat Camp

I'll be driving up from Pensacola Sunday morning hopefully getting there around noon for the 5pm indoc. See ya'll there :)
  by devionx

Well, nice to meet you all. Hopefully, we'll have a great time down there. I am bringing some stuff to keep me occupied when I'm not studying... books, laptop, my xbox (hahaha!!!)
  by digitalkate

hey guys.. been lurking on this board for a couple months now.. i'm from cincinnati.
had the interview on sept 11th, physical and strength was done the following week.
i still have yet to hear anything from them, but the paper i got said i would start november tbd.
does anyone have the HR number to call and find out what the deal is? im getting anxious.
  by ray23

If we drive to the redi center will we have to pay gas up front and get reimbursed or how does that work nov. 9 class
  by Combat Camp

More than likely you have to pay for your own gas and they will reinburse you for the milage (.585 per mile) on a later date. It's 321miles according to my GPS from my house. I also bringing something to keep me occupied during down time. My Metal Detector......so if anyone has one bring it along. :)
  by boozer

I'll also be there on the 26th. I'm coming down from Wilmington armed with a laptop and an xbox. Great minds think alike I guess.
  by DRay

I'm also bringing the labtop and PS3 for the times between studying and class.Thinking about going all out and getting that rockband game for PS3 to keep me entertained!
  by tortoise

looks like one of you guys with the ps3 or xbox will be my new friend or friends :wink: lol. The laptop I ordered won't bee here till we get back for thanksgiving so will be out of touch a bit except for my blackberry. That doesn't quite do it. Sounds like people with my kind of thinking which is great!!
  by digitalkate

just got the word today! i will be at the nov. 9th class.
im driving from cincy.
i wonder if im gonna be the only girl conductor there...

dray.. i have all the guitar heros for ps2...
  by csxDoug

LOL Combat Camp, nope you didnt make it by a long shot!!

I am in week 5 right now for conductor, you will be suprized by the age difference in the people there. from 19 to 54 in my class of 54 students

And digitalkate, there are girls there also, not a lot, but they let girls play with the trains just like the boys LOL
  by biscuit

CSXdoug....just wondering if the schooling is hard. i have just arrived here and killing time until the shuttle picks us up for orientation. is it hard to get an 85 or higher? or pretty simple as long as you study your material?