Moderator: David

by NJT4149

Clear Asbury Road 6:23 PM
  by NJT4149

Arrived in Farmingdale at 6:38 PM
  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the updates!
  by NJT4149

Coastline talking to an SA-38... They might be heading down toward the Southern. If so, tonight's return train may have 3 engines... I cannot guarantee it for now, but I will say that it was SA-38 clear as day on the radio. I do have a really good feeling that the "SA-38" was actually PR-52 looking to go to the GSS
  by RailsEast

5311, 5313 east through Shrewsbury @ 0330 hours.
  by NJT4149

RailsEast wrote:5311, 5313 east through Shrewsbury @ 0330 hours.
Figured it was a case of mistaken identity... Thanks Chris...
  by fooman1964

I'm a new member to this forum and hope I have the correct topic to share photos of a derailment at the Tinton Avenue overpass in Eatontown Nov 1953. My uncle Ray Hill was asst. fire chief with the EFD and took all these photos , I have a few more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fooman1964 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by John_Perkowski

fooman1964 wrote:I'm a new member to this forum and hope I have the correct topic to share photos of a derailment at the Tinton Avenue overpass in Eatontown in Nov 1953. My uncle Ray Hill was asst. fire chief with the EFD and took all these photos , I have a few more
The best two places are either here, in the railfan forums, or General Operations, Locomotives, Rolling Stock and Equipment.
  by fooman1964

thank you John P ....

here are a few more of the 1953 derailment in Eatontown
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by RailsEast

Thank you sir, this is the perfect forum in which to post these photos. I have only ever seen one photo of this incident, and that is in The Trail of the Blue Comet. How cool to see this area from a few different angles before development took over in the 1960's; no big overhead power lines, no apartment buildings, etc.

This, of course, is the present day view of the site:
http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=4439108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for sharing...would love to see more if you have them.
Chris
  by fooman1964

More from the 1953 derailment at Eatontown
  by RailsEast

Wonderful aerial photo; anyone know what the speed limit was back then? This is not a 'current limit' 10mph pileup.....

Thanks again, Brother Fooman, good stuff.....
  by R&DB

Speed limit probably wasn't very high due to the curve just west of there. my guess is no more than 25-30 mph.
  by RailsEast

NS 5313 shf + 9, Maxwell Rd. in Eatontown at 5:00 in the pm. Eight Woodhavens and one tank.