• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NJT4149

No SA31 so far; highly doubt they'll run today
  by RailsEast

Clearing switches is no fun, and takes a fair amount of time; they may run late tonight, or perhaps tomorrow. Seven inches in Middletown today, hopefully the last snow of this winter.......
  by NJT4149

Per a post on Facebook, SA31 is holding at South Amboy for NJT to give him permission to come out. I'm listening to the scanner and will confirm if I hear them call.
  by RailsEast

If there is a train there, it must not have a crew on it; no radio chatter all afternoon...
  by NJT4149

CR SA2 permission to occupy the Church Running Track at 4:59 PM. Likely this thing will sit until after the rush hour.
  by NJT4149

Clear the Church at 5:30 PM
  by southern sec. kid

nothing past woodys as of 10:10
  by RailsEast

NJT4149, are you certain you heard the CR crew yesterday? Southern rails still snow covered in Red Bank, no train to be found.
Chris
  by NJT4149

RailsEast wrote:NJT4149, are you certain you heard the CR crew yesterday? Southern rails still snow covered in Red Bank, no train to be found.
Chris
I'm certain. Maybe they had a unit tie on to the rear of the train that was sitting there and they brought it back to Browns. Something by the symbol SA2 definitely had permission to occupy the Church Running Track at that time yesterday, heard it loud and clear.
  by southern sec. kid

Hey everyone, a train is headed into Farmingdale right now. Just heard them blow past Extech and for Megill road.

There is the possibility that it was NWS Earle, but I think Earle wouldn't have been as distinctive and loud.
  by southern sec. kid

I was wrong about my Post on Wednesday morning. I took a drive past Extech and Brick Recycling and they both had the same cars from the week prior.
  by RailsEast

SA31 departing Browns with CSX 2812 shf + 14, looks like 1 brick & 13 lumber.
  by pumpers

So it sounds like there was never a make up run for the "snow day" last week? JS
  by RailsEast

Correct, no train on the southern since the run of 2/26.
Chris
  by NJT4149

Through Farmingdale at 7:22 PM
http://youtu.be/NHi6y6XNdZE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;