• Commuter Rail Delay Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by BostonUrbEx

BostonUrbEx wrote:
tvachon wrote:
BostonUrbEx wrote:Fire at BET, cancelations rolling in.
Loco or property?
Inside facility, apparently, but don't know what or extent. All clear @ 4:15pm.

EDIT: All clear was given, but they just canceled 67 and 68.

Newburyport/#RockportLine Train 68 (5:40 pm from Beverly) cancelled today due to fire #mbta

Newburyport/#RockportLine Train 67 (4:45 pm from North Station) cancelled today due to fire #mbta
Two more. Up to four round trips (eight trips) canceled.

Train 284 (6:38 pm from Reading) cancelled today due to fire #mbta

#HaverhillLine Train 281 (5:55 pm from North Station) cancelled today due to fire #mbta
  by ns3010

From the photos I saw, it looked like it was something up on the roof. Hard to tell exactly what, but from the angles of the pictures, it appeared the smoke was coming from the roof of the building, as opposed to flowing out from the inside.
  by tvachon

ns3010 wrote:From the photos I saw, it looked like it was something up on the roof. Hard to tell exactly what, but from the angles of the pictures, it appeared the smoke was coming from the roof of the building, as opposed to flowing out from the inside.
Official statement from SFD:
Somerville firefighters put out a blaze in an MBTA maintenance facility Dec. 16.

Firefighters responded to reports of a fire in the air ducts of the facility at 70 Third Ave. at about 3:09 p.m., according to Deputy Chief Patrick Sullivan III. Sullivan said the building is a maintenance facility for the Commuter Rail, but no trains were damaged.

The fire was knocked down and put out by 4:30 p.m. No firefighters were injured during the fire.
  by tvachon

Now PAR is blowing up Fitchburg from Ayer to Fitchburg. Seek alternate travel inbound and the 434 is over 75 minutes outbound.

They put another one on the ground? 75 minutes is one heck of a freight interference even with the schedule issues
  by MBTA1016

Hope all inside BET at the time got out safely and all involved is ok. On a smaller note, hopefully no equipment got damaged but I didn't hear anything about it till I saw the posts here.
  by Rbts Stn

Glad all are well.

I was thinking this was an insurance caper for a bit.
  by BostonUrbEx

Train just derailed in Fitchburg. Unknown whether PAR or MBTA.

EDIT: Confirmed passenger.
  by sery2831

Hearing #431 at the station.
  by ST214

OUCH!

:(

A Geep did the same thing a few years ago, but without that kind of damage. Perhaps 1009 will be used to bring 1014 back from the dead.....
  by sery2831

BostonUrbEx wrote:
tvachon wrote:
BostonUrbEx wrote:Fire at BET, cancelations rolling in.
Loco or property?
Inside facility, apparently, but don't know what or extent. All clear @ 4:15pm.

EDIT: All clear was given, but they just canceled 67 and 68.

Newburyport/#RockportLine Train 68 (5:40 pm from Beverly) cancelled today due to fire #mbta

Newburyport/#RockportLine Train 67 (4:45 pm from North Station) cancelled today due to fire #mbta
Photo of the fire: http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20131 ... 025512.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by The EGE

Southside blew up today. On the Franklin, 704 died at Walpole and 706 is rescuing/ operating as a double draft. Providence is a CF with 8 alerts as of 8:20am; #806 was delayed half an hour due to Amtrak and was so full after Mansfield that it didn't even stop at Canton Junction.