Searching again for "Caltrain electrification update" I found PowerPoint Presentation - Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project (PCEP) Project Update PowerPoint.pdf
- October 27, 2021
Counts of grade crossing: San Francisco 2, South San Francisco 1, San Bruno 1, Millbrae 1, Burlingame 5, Burlingame/San Mateo (Peninsula Avenue) 1, San Mateo 9, Redwood City 6, Atherton 2, Menlo Park 4, Palo Alto 4, Mountain View 2, Sunnyvale 2, Santa Clara* 1, San Jose 2 (*UPRR owned Reed Street Crossing in Santa Clara)
A grand total of 43.
The update then described the grade-crossing train detectors: a high-speed one and a low-speed one upstream of the crossing, and one downstream of the crossing.
The construction-progress section was dated September 30, like the previous one in being nearly a month behind.
- Foundations: Segment 1 now at 58%, the other segments done
- Poles: Seg1: none, Seg2: end of this month? Seg3: done, Seg4: should be done by now
- Wire: Seg1: one Seg2: steady at 20%, Seg3: done, Seg4: much of it done; all done by the end of this month?
- Wire testing, signal system: no change
- Traction power facilities: Burlingame's transformer is 47% installed, low/high-voltage equipment at 5%, sitework 26%, the other facilities approaching completion.
Train testing (quoting the presentation):
- Dynamic type testing on schedule in Pueblo on trainset 1
- HVAC type testing trainset 2 ongoing
- Routine testing trainsets 3 through 6 being performed in SLC