• Blue Line 0600 Tracker (Hawker-Siddeley) RETIRED

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by jamesinclair

sery2831 wrote:0652/0653 are being shipped with Boeing LRVs to the US DOT/ US Military. Hopefully I can get some pictures of them.
For terrorism training?
  by cpontani

sery2831 wrote:0652/0653 are being shipped with Boeing LRVs to the US DOT/ US Military. Hopefully I can get some pictures of them.
I swear to God I saw them yesterday driving home. I couldn't get my cell phone out of my pocket quick enough. Damn grade separation and responsibility on my part!

But as info, I was in Delware County, PA...so they're were probably making their way from Philly down toward Baltimore...
  by StevieC48

There was an article in last Sundays Boston Globe, Metro Section about a retired T officer working for the TSA in Colorado. They are going to build a subway station and use the cars to train TSA and Police depts in many diffrent scenerios. I am unable to find the article on line.
  by CJ

StevieC48 wrote:There was an article in last Sundays Boston Globe, Metro Section about a retired T officer working for the TSA in Colorado. They are going to build a subway station and use the cars to train TSA and Police depts in many diffrent scenerios. I am unable to find the article on line.
I went looking for the article, it is here (starting at the bottom, continuing on page 2) if anyone is interested:

Last stop for Green Line: TSA training in Colorado
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

Interesting quote form the article.
Instead, they proved so prone to derailment and malfunction — leaky gearboxes, balky doors, and air conditioning faulty enough to inspire a Globe editorial headlined “A Streetcar Named Perspire’’ — that a multimillion dollar legal settlement with Boeing eventually made them free to the T.
Boston Globe August 8th 2010
  by 2012alexg

I saw a set of Hawkers at Wonderland on 8/11/10 at around 6 pm. Since it was during rush hour. They could have been used for extra service. I someone could answer this for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
  by StevieC48

ck4049 wrote:Did anyone see them running in Boston recently??? Im DYING to ride them again!
The only thing you can do CK is ride the orange line since they are sisters to the 0600's, If you need your hawker siddley fix. :wink:

Oh BTW thanks for finding the article for me.
  by CRail

2012alexg wrote:I saw a set of Hawkers at Wonderland on 8/11/10 at around 6 pm. Since it was during rush hour. They could have been used for extra service. I someone could answer this for me, I would greatly appreciate it.
I don't know why you'd see them during rush hour, but it's still possible to see them running overnight as they are still used on the work train. 606/607 have been stripped, which leaves only 18 cars remaining operable.
  by transit383

Caught two Blue Line cars and four Boeing LRVs on the rear of a CSX freight at West Trenton, NJ on Thursday, 8/12/10:

MBTA at West Trenton
  by jamesinclair

transit383 wrote:Caught two Blue Line cars and four Boeing LRVs on the rear of a CSX freight at West Trenton, NJ on Thursday, 8/12/10:

MBTA at West Trenton
Great shot. Really lucky you were there at the right time. I once saw 5 new york subway cars being trucked into the city, but this is way cooler. I wonder where 85 picked up so much graffiti.
  by ck4049

I think the 3485 got vandalized in North Billerica, MA. It is a storage yard where the Boston & Maine RR used to repair the trains. Now, half of it is an empty lot and the other half are the Pan Am Railroad Offices. When things are stored here, they dont get out of there in pretty condition! :wink: