• Aug 5th-8th Lackawanna F3 exscrusion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by njtmnrrbuff

Very nice shots Arrow! Keep up the good work. I'm glad that you got to ride that train.
  by OCtrainguy

Here is my video of the Pacific Express rolling through Rutherford this morning. Enjoy!
  by ChrisU

Jtgshu wrote:Wow, great pics Arrow2!!

I hope you have some idea how lucky you are to have been on that trip! There are im sure going to be LOTS of jealous railfans (including myself!) looking at your pictures!

I passed the train yesterday when it was getting inspected in Hudson Yard and finished up a "shave and a haircut" that someone on the E8 started :) that was fun! hahahah
Thanks and I sure do it was funny to see everybody taking pictures of the train it was reversed hahahaha.
  by ChrisU

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:Very nice shots Arrow! Keep up the good work. I'm glad that you got to ride that train.
Thanks.
  by ChrisU

chuchubob wrote:
NJT4272 wrote:Hooray! I'm the first!!!!! Can't believe I beat chuchubob!...
You da man!
Circumstances precluded my timely posting of my 12:39 photos of the train running through Holmesburg Junction at what appeared to be 90 mph.
They're only certified up to 90mph.
  by RS115

Does anyone have the complete consist? I'm not familiar with the track configurations, for example, the stop last night at Bath. Were they able to back up the B&H to keep the 120 on the rear for today or have facilities to wye the train or ? I had thought that they might put the train together with an open obs on each end to facilitate any such unusual moves.

Great pics up so far. Out of curiosity, did anyone get video of their departure from Hoboken?

Thanks
Andy
  by Jtgshu

Out of Hoboken, it should have been like this...

(west)
JTCX 5711
JTCX 5809
Caritas - 800045
Cimarron - 800069
Swift Stream - 800480
Mt Vernon - 800708
Chapel Hill - 800043
Warrior Ridge - 800699
PRR120 - 800241
(east)

NJT diesel was coupled to east end to tow it in to terminal
  by dfishrmn

Thanks to this thread I was able to go to Waldwick and get some nice shots. My 8 year old son was thrilled. My first post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by northjerseybuff

nice shots brother arrow!! keep up the good work!!
  by ChrisU

dfishrmn wrote:Thanks to this thread I was able to go to Waldwick and get some nice shots. My 8 year old son was thrilled. My first post.
Nice pictures you got real good lighting.
  by JimBoylan

Jtgshu wrote:Out of Hoboken, it should have been like this...
(west)
JTCX 5711
JTCX 5809
Caritas - 800045
Cimarron - 800069
Swift Stream - 800480
Mt Vernon - 800708
Chapel Hill - 800043
Warrior Ridge - 800699
PRR120 - 800241ca
(east)
The photos at Pt. Jervis seem to show the 1st 4 cars in reverse order, with Caritas' and Chapel Hill's open platforms next to each other.
  by gravelyfan

Jtgshu wrote:Out of Hoboken, it should have been like this...

(west)
JTCX 5711
JTCX 5809
Caritas - 800045
Cimarron - 800069
Swift Stream - 800480
Mt Vernon - 800708
Chapel Hill - 800043
Warrior Ridge - 800699
PRR120 - 800241
(east)

NJT diesel was coupled to east end to tow it in to terminal
It was a little mixed up from that:

West
E8's
Mount Vernon
Cimarron River
Swift Stream
Caritas
Chapel Hill
Warrior Ridge
PRR 120
  by Jtgshu

hahahah well thats why i said "should" :)

What I posted was the plan, apparently things changed along the way!

Maybe when Amtrak brought them over, they went around the loop an extra time or they didn't account for the loop in Sunnyside or something like that?
  by RailsEast

Nice work, Chris; how many people can produce a pic from the Viaduct like that??!!
Good on ya', mate, what a ride..........!