• Amtrak now does assigned seating - oh when will they lear

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by BuddSilverliner269

I have to agree with Jersey Mike on this one. I think passengers should have the choice to either sit forwards or backwards. I generally dont have a problem sitting backwards but on the rare occasion when I do, I find myself feeling just alil weird when the trip is over.Although I am an engineer and not a conductor, I am not aware of anything stating that Keystone trains have to have there seats 50-50, although that appears to be the case on all Keystones I operate or ride on so Im guessing its in a conductor's manual. The only trains that I dont see being 50-50 with a change of direction is 42-43 The Pennsylvanian. Generally between NYP - PHL, passengers will be traveling backwards since that trip distance is less then PHL-PITT
  by David Benton

the main problem with travelling backwards , is that if you are keeping track of the number of Amtrak miles you travelled , you'd have to deduct the ones going backwards . how it works for reward points i dont know .
  by BuddSilverliner269

David Benton wrote:the main problem with travelling backwards , is that if you are keeping track of the number of Amtrak miles you travelled , you'd have to deduct the ones going backwards . how it works for reward points i dont know .
:-D
  by Tadman

We've discussed way off topic, I'm going to lock it up. Please PM Dave or I with any new info and we'll unlock it. In the mean time, please enjoy Mr. Benton's comment about riding backwards, as I'm still chuckling. Enjoy your evening.