• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:627 went belly up at South Station this afternoon on #177...617 was being backed onto it to start the journey...still was in the station as of 6:40pm 5/12...oh boy
No offense MBTA.. But..
what...this is a topic of ACS's is it not? I understand what is going on, doesn't mean the world has stopped. It is a damn shame what is currently going on regarding AMTK 188. I'm done with work and giving info to you buffs...If you don't want my information, don't read it Ace...no offense...but
  by ACeInTheHole

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:627 went belly up at South Station this afternoon on #177...617 was being backed onto it to start the journey...still was in the station as of 6:40pm 5/12...oh boy
No offense MBTA.. But..
what...this is a topic of ACS's is it not? I understand what is going on, doesn't mean the world has stopped. It is a damn shame what is currently going on regarding AMTK 188. I'm done with work and giving info to you buffs...If you don't want my information, don't read it Ace...no offense...but
Oh ok. Never mind. I wasnt trying to be confrontational. Thanks for the info.
  by ApproachMedium

Wheres that another one bits the dust image again? I do not think the 601 will be making it out of this one.
  by gregorygrice

jmar896 wrote:A ACS-64 is at the lead of the derailed train in Philly
601. But the locomotive isn't the main concern right now, the people are.
  by USRailFan

ApproachMedium wrote:Wheres that another one bits the dust image again? I do not think the 601 will be making it out of this one.
Really? Frame and structure looks to have held up to me, should be salvageable.
  by ACeInTheHole

Easy gents, the administrators are no doubt watching this forum very closely in light of the wreck. Now would not be the time to get caught in an argument here.
  by Tadman

643 was at the engine house in Chicago on Tuesday 5/12.
  by Tadman

mod note

Can we take it easy on 601 and whether or not it's going to be scrapped or rebuilt? We've had a tragic accident and it's kind of like asking if a car accident victim's cool corvette is going to be rebuilt. Thanks guys.
  by oat324

Headed north on Train 851 today for Chicago.
Last edited by oat324 on Sun May 17, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Looks sharp. Paint shop's scored its second winner in the Vets series.
  by ACeInTheHole

God help us all #642 has been released from Beech Grove. Let the foampocalypse begin.