• ALP-45DP's - Usage and Delivery

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ChrisU

JoeRailRoad wrote:
kdjohnson wrote:you know if you go to the media photos section of the art from the DB website you can see them lifting the NJT ALP45-DP on to the truck bed. That monster looks awesome. I hope it does well here in the US.

Here is the view.

http://tinyurl.com/4ay8gsy

Joe
Awesome!
  by HBLR

So how exactly will these be used in conjunction with the tunnels? It is a shame they didn't have room for a second pantograph on the roof. That part of the design tells me the pantograph will largely be used between sunnyside and newark, and not much else.
  by cruiser939

HBLR wrote:So how exactly will these be used in conjunction with the tunnels? It is a shame they didn't have room for a second pantograph on the roof. That part of the design tells me the pantograph will largely be used between sunnyside and newark, and not much else.
Allow me to be the first to respond, HUH?

How does the design of the pantograph tell you anything about how the locomotives will be operated and furthermore, what exactly qualifies you to make such inferences?
  by nomis

cruiser939 wrote:
HBLR wrote:So how exactly will these be used in conjunction with the tunnels? It is a shame they didn't have room for a second pantograph on the roof. That part of the design tells me the pantograph will largely be used between sunnyside and newark, and not much else.
Allow me to be the first to respond, HUH?

How does the design of the pantograph tell you anything about how the locomotives will be operated and furthermore, what exactly qualifies you to make such inferences?
Duh cruiser, didn't you know tre stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night ... :-)
  by ChrisU

What day and time is it due to arrive in Port Newark and where exactly is that I am thinking abut going to watch it get unloaded from the ship?
Does the AMT unit come into Port Newark?
  by cruiser939

NJTArrow2 wrote:What day and time is it due to arrive in Port Newark and where exactly is that I am thinking abut going to watch it get unloaded from the ship?
2:17pm Thursday March 3rd at the Maher Terminal in Port Elizabeth. Don't worry, security has been informed of your arrival and you and your chaperon are cleared. Just make sure you provide NJT with the name of whomever will be driving you and provide an address for us to mail you your super dooper special junior NJT security badge. This is gonna be just totally so much fun kekekeke, coolz!
  by ChrisU

cruiser939 wrote:
NJTArrow2 wrote:What day and time is it due to arrive in Port Newark and where exactly is that I am thinking abut going to watch it get unloaded from the ship?
2:17pm Thursday March 3rd at the Maher Terminal in Port Elizabeth. Don't worry, security has been informed of your arrival and you and your chaperon are cleared. Just make sure you provide NJT with the name of whomever will be driving you and provide an address for us to mail you your super dooper special junior NJT security badge. This is gonna be just totally so much fun kekekeke, coolz!
Does it really come March 3rd at 2:17 pm?
  by Jeff Smith

DutchRailnut wrote:shipping direct from Hamburg would be around 7 to 9 days, but most likely a ship used for such moves roll on/off type car carrier will stop at other harbors in Netherlands or England or France first
Plus, the crew has to be found at the Reeperbahn.
  by DutchRailnut

Jeff Smith wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:shipping direct from Hamburg would be around 7 to 9 days, but most likely a ship used for such moves roll on/off type car carrier will stop at other harbors in Netherlands or England or France first
Plus, the crew has to be found at the Reeperbahn.
Believe me with todays ships, crews do not have much time to go ashore anymore, most ship dockings are less than 12 hours.
and crews are at minimum levels.
  by cruiser939

NJTArrow2 wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
  by sixty-six

NJTArrow2 wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
I heard it was 2:18pm.
  by R3 Passenger

jimzim66 wrote:
NJTArrow2 wrote:
cruiser939 wrote: 2:17pm Thursday March 3rd at the Maher Terminal in Port Elizabeth. Don't worry, security has been informed of your arrival and you and your chaperon are cleared. Just make sure you provide NJT with the name of whomever will be driving you and provide an address for us to mail you your super dooper special junior NJT security badge. This is gonna be just totally so much fun kekekeke, coolz!
I heard it was 2:18pm.
Don't forget the scheduled 2 hour delay due to Amtrak problems at Portal Bridge :-P
  by Irishiron

Any articles out there with the ship name listed? Can use AIS/APRS to check out what other stops they make. Yeah, I'm a ship nerd.
  by HBLR

R3 Passenger wrote: Don't forget the scheduled 2 hour delay due to Amtrak problems at Portal Bridge :-P
And 30-45 minute delays due to a tack condition.
  by BuddSilverliner269

HBLR wrote:
R3 Passenger wrote: Don't forget the scheduled 2 hour delay due to Amtrak problems at Portal Bridge :-P
And 30-45 minute delays due to a tack condition.
OMG someone is putting tacks onto the track causing issues. Ohhh damn, maybe its another thing I can blame the Multi's on, huh jimzim(inside joke)? Hehe
Last edited by BuddSilverliner269 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.