• All I want for Christmas is...................

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by RRChef

Go ahead and fill in the blank. Lets see if Santa reads this board!

Merry Christmas!!

by Srnumber9

A decent sized basement to build a layout in!

(Fat chance, eh?)

by jg greenwood

A clue as to the procedure required for getting Metra/LIRR or the NJT to recognize your resume'! :wink:

by Clem

I'll get in trouble if I tell...

by Paul

Yeah . . . . Heidi Klum is already married!

Dave
WELL..... Is Loni Anderson still around?????

I would like my 1/8th scale G5s finished and have someone else do the work AND pay for it too. Also, while were on the topic of things we want for Christmas but don't really need... I wouldnt mind having my very own RS-1 (full size of course) under (over?) my tree.

by Dave Keller

OK boys. . . . . .

Back that caboose/den/office riiiiiight ooooover there . . . . . that's it!! :wink:

Loni . . . wanna sit in the cupola?

Dave

by Long island Joe

by Dave Keller

Now . . . . if that's for real and not computer-altered, that's absolutely impressive!!!!!

Dave

by 9C1LT1

Hi Dave,

Yup thats for real, its the CP holiday train. This year the train ran from Scranton PA. After 9/11 in early Dec. 2001 the train started out in Fresh Pond using CP trackage rights, thats right a CP Dash 9 on Long Island! Ok Queens, but its part of Long Island.:wink:

-Barry

by Dave Keller

Queens is part of LI?

:wink:

Next you'll be telling me Brooklyn is, too!

Thanx for the info on the train. As I said . . . very impressive and quite festive! Now . . . . THAT'S holiday spirit!

Dave

by RRChef

Dave
If you go to CP's website, they have an impressive picture of that train crossing the Hell Gate. First time I saw that train, I didn't believe it either. Incredible sight up dlose.

by RRChef

Welllll...They had a picture of that train on the Hell Gate. They've changed the pictures. Still some impressive photos though.

by Paul

In going over the last week's mail while I was attending my fathers funeral in NY, I noticed I didnt get my anual Union Pacific Christmas card. I was dishearted until a registered, certified letter (with return reciept) from Slover Ave (West Colton) was delivered to me at my door step today (12-24). Could this be? Well, in true Rail Grinch spirite was a letter saying "all employees are required to work these holidays or face diciplinary action."
Now what I find interesting is when fellow employee asked management Monday to send condolence flowers to my home, the reply was "We don't have his address.". BTW, I have only been with the Uselessly Pathetic since 1998.

Question is, should just shake my head in utter exasberation and try to insert as many large objects into the Rail Grinch's spinctor as I can tonight and tomorrow, or should I just throw up my hands up in utter frustration and walk away from twenty years of railroading?
Just curious.
BTW, my wife said " do whatever works for me."