Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1622225  by Jeff Smith

There is basically now an information drought on Yankee Clipper service. Basically, all the MTA Info site is good for is "take the train, the subway, or bus. There are no schedules on the site like they used to have (PDF) telling you when the Yankee Clipper runs, for which games, when they run after the game, and so on. They just tell you to go to the app and use the trip planner. The Mets service page is the same except for specific information (station name, subway line, etc.).

https://new.mta.info/yankees
 #1622246  by Traingeek3629

Ideally, someone who hasn't taken a train in their life should be able to google "train to Yankees" and see their schedule within a click or two. Instead, they have to use the MTA's awful trip planner (if you do the "arrive by" function, it shows you only trains arriving after the specified time). Or, they can download their app, which uses both location and a ton of data and battery.

Admittedly, the app is very functional for a new user, with the exception of postgame Yankee trains. Still, way more difficult than it should be.

Loads look pretty much the same as last year.

Harlem: 150 weekday, 210 weekend (rough averages)
New Haven: 400 weekday. 550 on the NH inbound and 250 on the Stamford inbound weekends.
Hudson: a lot. I calculated it one weekend and it was about 1200 from a few inbounds and some shuttles.
 #1622447  by Traingeek3629

Jeff, I saw your post in the other thread. I found it interesting that the highest ridership (by percentage) was for a weekday game, when only one train runs on the New Haven and the Hudson doesn't have a clipper. The weekend runs are usually jammed. I'll see for myself on Thursday, I suppose.
 #1641821  by MetroNorthFan7

I was just at a Yankee game last night and before leaving the MTA train time app told us that we will receive notifications as information becomes available for the Yankee clipper on the Harlem line. But upon arrival at Yankees-East 153rd Street we originally thought that the Harlem line train was lining up on track 2 but then we thought that it would be lined up on track 6 instead because on weekends on Saturdays only they line up on track 6 but we only saw a clear sight of the night looking north toward the Highbridge Employee Station with just the dark on the other side of the Major Deegan Expressway overpass no lights illumination in the distance and no signs of any indication that the Harlem line was coming to pick us up from Yankee Stadium so we had to take a Manhattan bound Hudson line train to Harlem-125th Street and transfer for semi express service on the Harlem line making no stops in The Bronx and part of Southern Westchester. Hopefully that this transfer nonsense on Metro North for the Harlem line will be discontinued soon for direct service from Yankee Stadium to Southeast on the Harlem line, if the New Haven line can still do it why can’t the Harlem line still do it? It doesn’t make any sense for the Yankee fans that live in Westchester and Putnam counties to be stranded after getting out of a Yankee game.
 #1641872  by nomis

There was to be a direct Harlem train on Sat 4/6: 10:51pm Yankee to Southeast 12:25am. No clue if it operated though.