• WHO'S GOING TO THE BIG SHOW IN SPRINGFIELD, JAN. 2005?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by p&w3901

In regards to the crowds, the best times to come are in the afternoon, esp. Sunday. That's when the crowds are at their least and the bargains at their best....last year I was picking up stuff for 50-70% off of what it was selling for Saturday morning!
About the attendance, last year there were over 18,000 paid attendees- this doesn't count the kids 8 and under who get in free, but most of this money does get donated to railroad preservation projects- the particulars on that can be found on amherstrail.org
I'll be there from Thurs through Sunday, helping set up and run the Amherst Belt Lines modular layout (approx 800 feet of continuous track last year!) Say hi when you walk by!

by kwf

Does this show have a web site? I've never gone, but have heard of it. Sounds like a railfan convention. I'll be wearing a fez...just kidding!

by dcm74

The web site is on the very first post or check the banner ad.

by CRail

kwf wrote:Does this show have a web site? I've never gone, but have heard of it. Sounds like a railfan convention. I'll be wearing a fez...just kidding!
Heres Your Link

Will there be a photoban? :-D
Last edited by CRail on Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

by NellsChoo

A fez? You need to go to the show at the Shriner's Auditorium! That one is in April, Wilmington MA.

No, really. It is.

by dcm74

CRail wrote:
kwf wrote:Does this show have a web site? I've never gone, but have heard of it. Sounds like a railfan convention. I'll be wearing a fez...just kidding!
Heres Your Link

Will there be a photoban? :-D
Only if you run out of film or fill up your memory cards.

by CRail

That will be somewhat probable, although the photoban question was just a joke :wink:

by kwf

dcm74 wrote:The web site is on the very first post or check the banner ad.
Sorry for being lazy, I jumped directly to the last page....

I've been to the Wilmington Show before, and then went to the local model rr open house. The layout is awesome, but I've never been back.

by CRail

lazyness isnt alwayse a bad thing, now people can find the link more easily. I just knew of this topic in another forum and got the link from over there :-)

by Otto Vondrak

kwf- did you miss our advertising banners all over the place? :0)

The RIT crew will be wandering around and spectating as usual... no display this year. Maybe in a couple of years we'll bring the modules... (www.ritmrc.org)

-otto-

by kwf

I must be asleep at the wheel...In other breaking news, the sun is hot, water is wet, and the sky is blue, usually.....

by Sir Ray

kwf wrote:I must be asleep at the wheel...In other breaking news, the sun is hot, water is wet, and the sky is blue, usually.....
Hmmm, today across the Northeast, the sky is dark grey, and the water is rather white and solid - is that killing the show's attendance?

by CSX Conductor

Hmmm, today across the Northeast, the sky is dark grey, and the water is rather white and solid - is that killing the show's attendance?
I didn't notice that the Atlantic had frozen over, LOL

Why would this weekend's storm kill the show's attendance? The show is next weekend! :-)

by NellsChoo

The white fluffy stuff has started to fall here in MA. They are saying 20"-30" by tomorrow afternoon. We shall see... Hopefully next weekend will be clear and dry.

by Otto Vondrak

I've driven to Springfield in worse! Nothing will keep the crowds away, trust me.