Railroad Forums 

• US Navy Earle Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1052685  by ChrisU

Saw the train today,left the pier about 10 after 4 with the same power. I have a question that hopefully someone on here can answer I've noticed that every time I've seen the train and it's had a VO1000M on it,it has never been MU'ed to another VO1000M only an SW1200 or their SW900M, anyone know why they do this?
 #1053387  by ChrisU

The train crossed Sleepy Hollow rd at about 4 in the afternoon today with VO1000M 65-00367 #1,SW1200 65-00630 #4 and 12 boxcars,it was moving at a good clip too!
 #1055785  by NJT4115

About how often do trains run on this line?
 #1055794  by ChrisU

Whenever a ship is docked to the pier and on rare occasions light engine moves,but it always seems to pick up in the summer and I usually hear or see the train coming in from the pier around 3pm on weekdays.
 #1055890  by NJT4115

NJTArrow2 wrote:Whenever a ship is docked to the pier and on rare occasions light engine moves,but it always seems to pick up in the summer and I usually hear or see the train coming in from the pier around 3pm on weekdays.
Thanks, I remembered last year I was railfanning in Middletown and heard a train at around 3-4 PM.
 #1056022  by ChrisU

NJT4115 wrote:
NJTArrow2 wrote:Whenever a ship is docked to the pier and on rare occasions light engine moves,but it always seems to pick up in the summer and I usually hear or see the train coming in from the pier around 3pm on weekdays.
Thanks, I remembered last year I was railfanning in Middletown and heard a train at around 3-4 PM.
Welcome,there hasn't been anything over the line in thed last few weeks now.
 #1061083  by NJT4115

NJTArrow2 wrote:
NJT4115 wrote:
Welcome,there hasn't been anything over the line in thed last few weeks now.
Has anything come around since June?
 #1061193  by GSC

Going over the Route 18 bridge, you can see the yard off to the south. If you see two headlights, they are tied down. One or no headlights, they are off working somewhere on the depot. They don't just run to the pier.
 #1064534  by southern sec. kid

Just heard what sounded like a P3 horn near my house on eagle oaks, I'm going to guess Earle is running down by Collingswood to drop something off for the next time a train comes down the southern.
 #1064581  by NJT4115

southern sec. kid wrote:Just heard what sounded like a P3 horn near my house on eagle oaks, I'm going to guess Earle is running down by Collingswood to drop something off for the next time a train comes down the southern.
Earle goes to Collingswood?
 #1065233  by NJT4115

Are these trains operated by civilians or people who serve(d) in the Navy?
 #1065236  by OportRailfan

NJT4115 wrote:Are these trains operated by civilians or people who serve(d) in the Navy?
They are operated by those that are hired by the Dept. of Defense.
 #1065861  by NJT4115

OportRailfan wrote:
NJT4115 wrote:Are these trains operated by civilians or people who serve(d) in the Navy?
Darn, I wanted to drive these trains someday :(
Guess I'll wait for the next excursion in about nine years (Unless 9/11 cancelled it forever)
 #1066066  by Ken W2KB

NJT4115 wrote:
OportRailfan wrote:
Darn, I wanted to drive these trains someday :(
Guess I'll wait for the next excursion in about nine years (Unless 9/11 cancelled it forever)
So they are operated by civilians, not military, personnel who are DOD employees.