• URHS of NJ Preservation News

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Otto Vondrak

Glad to see you guys up and running, but your photos are difficult to view. Instead of attaching them, post them to a hosting service and link to them instead. Much easier for everyone involved.
  by larry1090

Otto Vondrak wrote:The sounds of crickets in here is deafening. Are there still regular work sessions?

Yes we have had several works sessions. In fact we will be working in the yard rain or shine on this Friday 5-14-2010 Starting at 9 am and going to 4 PM min. if it rains we will be working under protection of a tent. We are hoping to Finish the decking of the flat car. Also do some brush clearing if time permits. and also work on the next part of planning work on the rest of the flat car. The decking would have been done but our table saw died. We had to take it out back and shot in. But due to one of our members taking a few trips home and back with some wood we were able to get the rest of the small boards for the end cut to size. We have also had to drill a few new holes in the metal deck so it lined up with the boards.

We still have lot's to do in the yard on the flat car and a few other projects were working on. We could always use extra hands. We have been working on and off during the day some nights and weekends weather permitting. There is a lot of other work going on by our contractor in the yard also. NJ-1 being worked on beside our E-8's and the GG1 is getting lots done on it also.

if any one has free time and would like to help out when you can PM or email me. :-)

Thanks,

Larry Gross
  by Otto Vondrak

larry1090 wrote:Yes we have had several works sessions.
It's the best kept secret in railroad preservation, Larry. Please share with us the details, as I'm sure there are folks equally curious about progress and who also would like to join in.

-otto-
  by larry1090

here is a quick picture taken today of the decking just finished on the flat car.

Larry
flat car done 1.jpg
  by larry1090

IMG01141-20100603-1712.jpg

Not Done yet, still more work to go.
  by larry1090

IMG01140-20100603-1711.jpg
  by Mr. Ed

Hey Larry! Ho about resizing your pics so they fit in the screen without panning to see it all?

Later!
Mr. Ed
  by larry1090

7-1 falt car.JPG
picture of flat car with some of the pockets cut out.
  by larry1090

7-1 Flat car 2.JPG

PRR Flat car
Last edited by larry1090 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by larry1090

E-8 almost ready for paint.JPG
almost ready for paint.
  by larry1090

GE SW 100 ton.JPG
7-1-2010 , our GE 100 ton switcher
  by Mr. Ed

Thanks Larry. That's much easier to view. You guys are doing a great job up there. Keep up the good work. I stopped by last week and it looks good. I have a customer up on Division St that gets me up there a few times a year.

Later!
Mr. Ed
  by larry1090

DSC00339.JPG
DSC00340.JPG