• Septa sprinter out of shop.

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by train2

Really think this would make a better Amtrak scheme than what the Amtrak units actually got.

And heck no, never want design students to come up with a scheme, it would make end up being something with a design just to be a design element and would look forced.
  by liftedjeep

MACTRAXX wrote:
roadmaster wrote:Looks like a model railroders first attempt at painting an undecorated shell. It’s a shame, the artist’s rendition is sharp.
Everyone:

I agree-the new SEPTA Sprinter color scheme is quite disappointing...The earlier rendering that
Roadmaster posted looks so much better...I agree with Glenn and think that the oversized word
SEPTA on the side is not necessary - I feel the same way about the Silverliner 5 cars along with
their side striping...I also agree with the thought posted by Nasadowsk and R3 in which students
of art could have come up with a more interesting design...MACTRAXX
Nobody likes the paint scheme on the new Septa Sprinter....
But when it shows up in Philadelphia, you'll be able to cut the ensuing "foam" with a knife!! Guaranteed!
Ben
  by scotty269

liftedjeep wrote:
MACTRAXX wrote:
roadmaster wrote:Looks like a model railroders first attempt at painting an undecorated shell. It’s a shame, the artist’s rendition is sharp.
Everyone:

I agree-the new SEPTA Sprinter color scheme is quite disappointing...The earlier rendering that
Roadmaster posted looks so much better...I agree with Glenn and think that the oversized word
SEPTA on the side is not necessary - I feel the same way about the Silverliner 5 cars along with
their side striping...I also agree with the thought posted by Nasadowsk and R3 in which students
But when it shows up in Philadelphia, you'll be able to cut the ensuing "foam" with a knife!! Guaranteed!
Ben
Bit rude, eh?
  by liftedjeep

scotty269 wrote:
liftedjeep wrote:
MACTRAXX wrote:
Everyone:

Ben
Bit rude, eh?
Absolutely Not!
My apologies to anyone who took it that way. Just stating the obvious.

Me personally, I don't think the Septa Sprinter is all that bad looking. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them in action. I will however, miss the AEM-7s when they are gone for good.
Ben
  by BuddCar711

liftedjeep wrote:Me personally, I don't think the Septa Sprinter is all that bad looking. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them in action. I will however, miss the AEM-7s when they are gone for good.
Ben
You're not going to miss the lone ALP-44?
  by liftedjeep

BuddCar711 wrote:
liftedjeep wrote:Me personally, I don't think the Septa Sprinter is all that bad looking. I'm actually looking forward to seeing them in action. I will however, miss the AEM-7s when they are gone for good.
Ben
You're not going to miss the lone ALP-44?
HA! I will indeed!
I should have mentioned the ALP-44 as well. Speaking of which, I do need some better pictures of #2308 before it's retired.
Ben
  by NorthPennLimited

It looks better than that red, white, and blue circus color scheme of the early 198o's.

That will match nicely with the Chinese multi-level cars.

Next to arrive on track one, the Fortune Cookie Flyer to Fox Chase.

Now boarding on track two, the Lo Mein Limited to Lansdale.
  by glennk419

NorthPennLimited wrote:It looks better than that red, white, and blue circus color scheme of the early 198o's.

That will match nicely with the Chinese multi-level cars.

Next to arrive on track one, the Fortune Cookie Flyer to Fox Chase.

Now boarding on track two, the Lo Mein Limited to Lansdale.
Don't forget the Warminster Wonton Express. :-D
  by NH2060

LOVE IT! Much better than in the original rendering. Looks better than even the Amtrak units IMO.

Though it looks a lot like an Amtrak Phase II livery with SEPTA logos. They should flip the red and blue stripes around :-P
  by DutchRailnut

Red? it is Orange and blue.
  by liftedjeep

DutchRailnut wrote:Red? it is Orange and blue.
I think it appears orange because the photographer is somewhat shooting into the sun, and whatever is casting a reflection on the side facing us gives it that illusion. Septa's colors are Red, White & Blue if I'm not mistaken.
Ben
  by Backshophoss

Any word on when they are to be shipped east,by Amtrak or the freight RR's?
  by DutchRailnut

liftedjeep wrote:
DutchRailnut wrote:Red? it is Orange and blue.
I think it appears orange because the photographer is somewhat shooting into the sun, and whatever is casting a reflection on the side facing us gives it that illusion. Septa's colors are Red, White & Blue if I'm not mistaken.
Ben
then how come the red in the SEPTA logo is still red :-)
  by Tadman

You know what it looks like? A low budget 1980's toy train version of the real thing.
  by silverliner266

From Dutch over in the MARC Forum,

"from another forum : Siemens will ship from their Sacramento facility, the first 3 MARC Charger locomotives as well as the first SEPTA ACS64.
Union Pacific will pick up the locomotives sometime on Friday."