• Route 15 Startup

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by jfrey40535

Nice call Clearfield! I spotted wire crews this morning on Richmond Street prepping the bridge for the rehanging of overhead. That should hopefully mean we will see instruction cars later this month.

I think I'm going to start keeping track of how long it takes for a truck to take the wires back down. My neighbors here said it was a fequent occurance the last time the trolleys ran.

by the sarge

I live right by this bridge. I do not know why, but the bridge seems to attract every illiterate (Or just plain ignorant) truck driver in the Northeast. I catch the RT 15 uhhhg... bus, right at this stop and have witnessed two trucks plowing into the bridge. Both drivers stated that they did not see the big bright sign…..

the sarge

by jfrey40535

Im right up the street from it too, and I make it a point to gawk at the trailer with its roof shaved off every time. Once I literally had to jump in the street to wave a truck off that was headed for it. He was smart enough to turn down Somerset. Most aren't.

I dont know what more they can do besides the bright RED sign and strobe lights (some of which are burned out). I expect to be transferring to a shuttlebus at Cumberland many times the first few months. Good thing they were smart enough to keep the loop.

by SEPTALRV9072

That loop was to always be kept after the 43 went bus, just for that reason. :-D

by TuckertonRR

So, has anyone seen any instruction cars, and has anybody seen the wire put back up under the bridge near Somerset?

by kevikens

I rode along Girard Ave. on Tues and Thurs. AM and did not see any PCC's but the wire IS in place under the bridge and the warning chains are painted a bright yellow. I actually saw the truck in front of me pull off Richmond St before going under the bridge.