Railroad Forums 

• Twin State Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1642105  by CPF66

The carshop is a big draw, I think he still has two other employees on the payroll, who work there. Not sure about now, but I think he had the contract to do repairs for GE Railcar. I think GATX terminated the agreement they had with Pan Am/CSX in the last year so they might be able to snag that.

The LPG business is stable as well, thats a high value commodity for them and they can also charge for storage on those cars. In the end I heard Ed Jefferies "gave them an offer they couldn't pass up".
 #1642106  by Goddraug

As per the NHCR thread, VRS trucks were driving around the line from Lancaster south for a few hours.
 #1642116  by CPF66

I am wondering if they will try to revive car storage on the Groveton line, VTR used to do quite a bit of that until recently in Vermont.
 #1642127  by FatNoah

I am wondering if they will try to revive car storage on the Groveton line, VTR used to do quite a bit of that until recently in Vermont.
That was my thought as well.
 #1642279  by Cowford

Not sure about now, but I think he had the contract to do repairs for GE Railcar.
GE exited the railcar leasing business nearly 10 years ago.
 #1642321  by CPF66

I didn't realize that. I know he was doing most of the repairs for SLR for a while as well. With a car shop, I am, sure there isn't a shortage of work.
 #1642488  by newpylong

When you pay employees peanuts and don't pay property taxes or capital projects, you can afford to make questionable moves like this and NEGS.