Railroad Forums 

• Activity on the Mountain Branch (Portland to Westbrook)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1592096  by markhb

The amusing thing to me is that the Bishop St. Extension crossing, on the same rail line with a fraction of the vehicle traffic, has flashers and gates since it was a new build.

Thanks for the insights, everyone, and let's be glad BlueLinx is down near the end of the street, since it keeps the line open in case another industrial customer would want to locate down there.
 #1594498  by markhb

The two that crossed the rotary by Walgreen's were to the outbound side of the mill (Warren Ave.), and those have been discontinued and paved over since they haven't shipped by rail in years if not decades. The only Main St. crossing that's active is the one by the Stockhouse and I think that one's in decent shape.
 #1620518  by markhb

Yeah, that one building. I guess it was the local office for the returnable bottles machine company.
 #1641937  by CPF66

CSX ran the geo train up to the mill last month, which is interesting considering they didn't scan any of the other branches. They have also been adding a large amount of positions to Westbrook in the recent months, so I am starting to wonder if they will be bringing part of the complex back online.