• Passenger Car Metalizing-Stainless Steel Look with Alclad 2

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by green_elite_cab

Thanks, lol. I like that site, it puts everything in one spot. I think i'll be able to pick up those parts on Monday.
  by green_elite_cab

GRRR my airbrush frustrates me. it gets all "pulsy". For some reason, the Alclad base coat does not want to cooperate with my airbrush. I though t alclad should work straight out of the bottle (it has before). I did totally clean the brush before using the alclad, but it doesn't seem to help. That said, I did managed to finish painting my Silverliner IIIs. Right now i just need to add some details. Those ugly holes on the end were from the previous owner to install steps. I'll use the holes, and just put some plastic over top some wire. there is plenty of spare plastic from the sign pieces.

I used Polly scale Stainless Steel on the number boards, and I'm happy that it came out about the same color while still being dull, just like in older photos of the prototype. The units are #225 and #236