Railroad Forums 

• O/T Nick11A in the lead for most frequent posts

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#20349  by jdelgrosso

..........aren't I a winner? *runs off and cries*

Just playin

#20357  by rvrrhs

BlockLine_4111 wrote:
Irish Chieftain wrote:Insofar as organ music, the only chops you really need to imitate are those of Jon Lord and Ray Manzarek...
I'll second the recommendation on Jon Lord however I would highly recommend Keith Emerson and possibly Rick Wakeman too.
Lots of "keyboard wizards" in this forum, eh? I would say Emerson was the champion on organ, while Wakeman was the piano and synthesizer god...although arguably any of the three keyboard players who have recorded with Dream Theater have surpassed Wakeman on the synths. Manzarek can kiss my farfisa.

I learned enough piano to play synths in bands, but I never got the hang of the bass pedals so I skipped the organ...except for the Korg CX-3, a synthesized Hammond B/C-3 without the pedals.

#20396  by BlockLine_4111

How about a top ten (10) club so IC & myself get honorable mention too (not only Nick) ?

#20406  by transit383

BlockLine_4111 wrote:How about a top ten (10) club so IC & myself get honorable mention too (not only Nick) ?
Don't forget about the other NJT Forum regulars- Jtgshu, Chuchubob, and me!

#20422  by JLo

What a bunch of gloryhounds.

#20423  by njt4172

Should we get them gold stars, cupcakes, and party hats????? :D

#20430  by Mudvalve

"Should we get them gold stars, cupcakes, and party hats?????"
Noise makers also.

#20440  by TR-00

Awwww come on fellas. We shouldn't pick on our high number contributors. Everyone here seems to be a normal person, and we all have a hobby or outlet. I've met people who enjoy hiking, outdoor sports, surfing, swimming, landscaping, building custom cars, motorcycling, biking and a whole host of other activities. It's great that we all have a life. It's even greater that we all have the railroad as a common interest.

Be glad that we all have interests, even if it is playing with your organ and running up post numbers here. :P

#20441  by nick11a

TR-00 wrote:Awwww come on fellas. We shouldn't pick on our high number contributors. Everyone here seems to be a normal person, and we all have a hobby or outlet. I've met people who enjoy hiking, outdoor sports, surfing, swimming, landscaping, building custom cars, motorcycling, biking and a whole host of other activities. It's great that we all have a life. It's even greater that we all have the railroad as a common interest.

Be glad that we all have interests, even if it is playing with your organ and running up post numbers here. :P
Amen to that brother! And btw I ain't no gloryhound. I didn't start this thing about me being number one. No, I just payed Steve to start it for me. :D And also btw, yes, I like to think I'm normal. Jtgshu, arrow or chuchubob (those I have met), do you think I'm normal? :P Uh, nevermind.

#20445  by Mudvalve

Not picking on them, a little ribbing. :D

#20467  by JLo

I'm normal. I'm not a railfan. Really, I'm not. Really.

#20469  by TR-00

We're all ribbing them Muddy...that's what this is all about. Actually, it's one of the reasons I enjoy these forums...especially this board. We bust chops (except on organists), but seldom does anyone take offense. The group that frequents NJT rail seems to understand good fun!

And the ULTIMATE is: when I spread the word at work that JT is in the elite top ten of contributors to a foamer board. He'll have to take a job flagging on River Draw to avoid the slings and arrows of the other rails. :P

#20487  by Jtgshu

Gee, thanks TR, I could only hope for that!!! I'll remember that.........when Im on a lounge chair in the middle of River Draw, in the middle of the Raritan River, getting my suntan drinking Smooties, looking at the pretty girls in the boats traveling underneath

Ill wave at ya, but you'll have to clear up that train fast, because it will be blocking my sun......

Careful with all your posts TR, you're almost a "contributor" too!!! *gasp*

#20506  by nick11a

Jtgshu wrote:Gee, thanks TR, I could only hope for that!!! I'll remember that.........when Im on a lounge chair in the middle of River Draw, in the middle of the Raritan River, getting my suntan drinking Smooties, looking at the pretty girls in the boats traveling underneath
Forget Music Ed, that sounds like my kind of job! Oh, and thanks TR for not ribbing on the organists of this board. :D

#20530  by njt4172

Wow! I'm glad I started this topic! It all gets us to fool around alittle and not act so serious all the time. If we took everything seriously in this crazy world then we would all loose our minds!!!

Congrats to all those heavy posters!!! We should all meet somewhere for a couple pints like blockline mentioned way back when!!!

Steve P.
Denville, NJ