• NYGL update?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by wolfboy8171981

blockline4180 wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:The U34CH will probably be the next to move, however that may not be until the summer from what I was told... Also,was told it needs a new turbo since the stack wasn't capped over the last few years....Anyone have a lot of money they can spend???
wow, nygl should definitely pony up the money for there lack of responsibility.
Yeah, but who knows!! Jimmy Wilson seems to be MIA over the past few years.... I have heard nothing about the Erie E8 either, and afaik, it just sits in Port Jervis with the other coaches, and has not turned a wheel in more then 2 years.
I dont want to step on toes here, since I actually DO have a pony in this race for a few more weeks.

We (BRRHT) found #436 to be in "ok" condition. There are some "known" issues we will have to address when we get the unit back to Ringoes, however we wont really know what else is wrong until we can actually crank her over, and we need new batterys to do that. I cannot comment on the condition of the #3372, but I'm sure it will need work to move. Early on we wanted to and would have moved #436 and #3372 to Booton via NJT or M&E. But either way we needed the NS to get #436 to Ringoes, so we decided on the all NS route from Garfield to Three Bridges (via A-Town).
  by kamerad47

do we know when it is going to move ??????
  by wolfboy8171981

Who is we?
  by Jtgshu

blockline4180 wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:The U34CH will probably be the next to move, however that may not be until the summer from what I was told... Also,was told it needs a new turbo since the stack wasn't capped over the last few years....Anyone have a lot of money they can spend???
wow, nygl should definitely pony up the money for there lack of responsibility.
Yeah, but who knows!! Jimmy Wilson seems to be MIA over the past few years.... I have heard nothing about the Erie E8 either, and afaik, it just sits in Port Jervis with the other coaches, and has not turned a wheel in more then 2 years.
I hope the stacks are capped on the stuff up there...........
  by Ðauntless

URHS should be checking in on there equipment once in awhile, If the stack was not capped its there own fault.
  by Steve F45

Ðauntless wrote:URHS should be checking in on there equipment once in awhile, If the stack was not capped its there own fault.
true, but when the nygl starts up the loco from time to time and then shuts it down, it should be there responsibilty to re-cap the stack.
  by chuxter26

The NS H8R left a loaded gondola full of scrap iron this morning for the NYGL...have heard 19 more may be coming at some point......
  by pumpers

chuxter26 wrote:The NS H8R left a loaded gondola full of scrap iron this morning for the NYGL...have heard 19 more may be coming at some point......
Hmm... Why might scrap be coming in -- steel mills on the NYGL??? Would make more sense to the uneducated observer (me) if scrap were going out. JS
  by wolfboy8171981

There are at least 10 in the pipeline right now. We were told to get 436 out in the next week or so.........
  by chuxter26

Dear uneducated observer....I put the car in there....Trust me..it was loaded...............
  by northjerseybuff

Any updates of the 436 move would be appreciated. I would like to catch the move down Monroe St.
  by kamerad47

Good call Chuxter!! I went by there today around 10:30 the car was already in the yard loaded with shredded steel ! I think they are going to load containers & truck it to the port? They have some there already. I'm trying to catch the NYGL doing some street runing. Maybe you give us a heads up went they are coming with some more ???
  by chuxter26

8 more loads coming to Croxton today.....Monday could be the day for delivery.....
  by pumpers

chuxter26 wrote:Dear uneducated observer....I put the car in there....Trust me..it was loaded...............
I trust you fine. It is my own ability to figure out what kind of business they would have with inbound scrap I don't trust. JS
  by chuxter26

8 or so LOADED gons headed up there this a.m..