• NYGL update?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Steve F45

dam, must be a log of shingles out there. But this is really a seasonal item i would imagine, correct?
  by kamerad47

chuxter, do we know if any of these gondola's have gone out yet??
  by kamerad47

Past by there today, they have 4 cars in the yard loaded with shingles covered with orange netting!!! They trucks are dumping in the building & loadind the gon's there. When do they bring the cars to the interchange???
  by dano23

Drove by today. 2 gons are now hooked up to the 2 NYGL boxcars on the lead to Atlantic. There are 2 other gons hooked up to the one geep outside now. Did not notice any orange netting on top of the cars unless the loads are lower than the tops of the gons. Nothing seems to have moved over in the yard and nothing has gone to the interchange.

Curious, what ever happened to that boxcar that sat on the interchange?
  by dano23

Drove past today. 2 loads sitting outside the shed in Passaic and interestingly there's about 10-12 empty gons on the interchange track in Garfield.
  by kamerad47

6 loaded gons at the interchange waiting to be pickup they must have done some street running !!!! I have to try & catch them someday, don't know when they run any idea'????
  by dano23

Bad flooding in Passaic yesterday. Water on the bridge over the Passaic River was up to the bottom of the rails yesterday afternoon. The river also inundated the yard just past the bridge with the water up to the bottoms of the gondolas.

All of the locomotives and other equipment over by the transfer station were fine as the flooding was blocks away.
  by brianc02

Has there been any action on this rail line lately?
  by dano23

Nothing has moved in some time. There are no gondolas left on the property so there seems no hope of anything anytime soon.
  by wolfboy8171981

With some luck and good weather, ERIE 436 should move out by months end.
  by blockline4180

wolfboy8171981 wrote:With some luck and good weather, ERIE 436 should move out by months end.
yay! A movement!!
  by kamerad47

Do we know where its going??
  by waldwickrailfan

kamerad47 wrote:Do we know where its going??
I heard a rumor that it will be going to either Port Jervis or Boonton
  by northjerseybuff

will the 3372 be moved as well?
  by Sirsonic

Its not going to Port Jervis or Boonton. It is going by itself. I believe its destination has already been mentioned on this forum.