• Noticed/Questioned Major Delays, Annulments, Reroutes

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by srock1028

Anyone know whats going on between Wilmington and Baltimore this morning? So far 2150, 110 and 170 have all lost 30-45 minutes.
-Thanks
  by ThirdRail7

srock1028 wrote:Anyone know whats going on between Wilmington and Baltimore this morning? So far 2150, 110 and 170 have all lost 30-45 minutes.
-Thanks
Train 190, equipped with another wonderful HHP-8 is wrapped in the wire.
  by acelaphillies

Last Sunday (21) I was out railfanning. The normal SB Acela came by around 4:50. I was surprised when about two minutes later another Acela on the same track going the same direction came by. I think I have heard of a deadhead Acela on Sunday. Is this what I saw?
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

The TLM project started up again today in RI with the number 2 Track OOS between PACKARD and DAVISVILLE at 7:10am, 7/26. Expect few delays this weekend due to the single track thru the work area
  by Greg Moore

So, Amtrak 2104, we had an equipment malfunction and ended up having to change equipment before we departed Washington.

Any details?
  by Trainer

The Empire Builder hit a bulldozer last night and is limping into Chicago pulled by 3 BNSF engines. According to a friend onboard, half the train was stuck in Mountain Time, the other half in Central Time. Train has power but no bathrooms.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Seat ... 10711.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The locomotive's front wheels flew off on impact, but the train itself was not severely damaged. It's unclear how much damage the bulldozer sustained or if its driver was injured."

According to my friend, crew told him the dozer driver was severely injured and lifted out by helicopter.

UPDATE: The Amtrak engineers are reported to have been treated and released. The dozer driver did not survive the crash.

Last edited by Trainer on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
  by transit man

Does anyone know the extent of the blizzard (?) which is causing train 8 (28) to be nearly 11 hours late arriving Minot?
  by Trainer

transit man wrote:Does anyone know the extent of the blizzard (?) which is causing train 8 (28) to be nearly 11 hours late arriving Minot?
Transit man, see above. I suggest you take advantage of the station bathrooms before boarding.
  by Greg Moore

Trainer wrote: UPDATE: The Amtrak engineers are reported to have been treated and released. The dozer driver did not survive the crash.
That is unfortunate.
  by Dick H

At 3:00PM, #55 is estimated to be one hour and fifteen minutes late into Springfield M>
At 3:00PM, #56 arrived in Springfield MA three mointes early.

(From Amtrak Status site)
  by Dick H

It was reported on the NECR Yahoo Group that there was a relatively minor derailment
of a NECR freight train at White River Jct. that delayed #55 for about an hour.
  by shadyjay

Also affecting the timekeeping of 54-57 over the past few months... there are quite a few slow orders on NECR between Palmer and St Albans. The NECR daily log showed some 63 "issues" as of two days ago. They are slowly being removed, as a few weeks ago, there were 68 "issues".
  by twropr

Anyone know what happened on Amtrak's Shore Line between Boston and Providence last night? #2173, #177 and #179 all departed South Station late, #175 lost 2'17" BOS-Back Bay and all eastbound Amtrak's beginning with #2158 (leaving PVD at 3:10 pm) were losing time to BOS until #2166, which left PVD at 6:59 pm.

Thanks!

Andy