• Modern interpretations of LV and PRR widecabs

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Steve F45

Thanks. That was one of my major issues, getting that seem smooth and not noticeable. I think this shell is one of the newer ones i've done. The first one you can kinda make out the seem at certain angles. I'll try and get pics of the PRR custom P40 A-B-B-A set, muahahahaah.
  by Otto Vondrak

Steve, you are a maniac. Your PRR Genesis (with "B" units) are amusing and frightening all at the same time. Your paint is nice on the Pennsy units... Reminiscent of Baldwin Sharks.

Keep posting photos of your stuff!

-otto-
  by Rick Abramson

For "giggles and grins" I painted a C32-8 like a NH EF-4. I'll post a shot of it. It actually looks pretty neat for a "what-if."
  by Steve F45

Thanks Otto. Painting those PRR units was not easy. Trying mask off the polly scale prr buff was a pita. trying to get that bed on the nose was a challenge with the different angles of the nose. But from a distance they look dam good.

I'll have more photo's hopefully tonight. Batteries have been recharged and no wife home to yell at me for taking over the dinning room table. lol