• Modeling a Metro-North train of the 1990s in HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

green_elite_cab wrote:There is a REALLY good book at "The Model Train Shop" in Piscataway, NJ on everything you'd need to know about Metro North, and its got a ton of good pictures. I'd almost buy it if i had any desire to model Metro-North. Send them an email, and ask about it.
What book is that? And you mean "The Model Railroad Shop."
  by Dieter

PNAW I think asked if Walthers would be reissuing the Gennies in the newer MN scheme. Anybody know if they plan on a run in New Haven?

D?
  by green_elite_cab

Otto Vondrak wrote:
green_elite_cab wrote:There is a REALLY good book at "The Model Train Shop" in Piscataway, NJ on everything you'd need to know about Metro North, and its got a ton of good pictures. I'd almost buy it if i had any desire to model Metro-North. Send them an email, and ask about it.
What book is that? And you mean "The Model Railroad Shop."
I honestly cannot remember the title. It was Red and Blue, if that helps (at least, this is what stands out in my mind). and yes, i got the hobby shop name wrong. Its the only one on the shelf though, so if you asked them about it, they'd be able to walk over and take a look.
  by Otto Vondrak

Dieter wrote:PNAW I think asked if Walthers would be reissuing the Gennies in the newer MN scheme. Anybody know if they plan on a run in New Haven?
No and no.

-otto-
  by Otto Vondrak

green_elite_cab wrote:I honestly cannot remember the title. It was Red and Blue, if that helps (at least, this is what stands out in my mind). and yes, i got the hobby shop name wrong. Its the only one on the shelf though, so if you asked them about it, they'd be able to walk over and take a look.
Was it this book by any chance??

http://railroad.net/articles/columns/re ... udsonline/
  by green_elite_cab

Otto Vondrak wrote:
green_elite_cab wrote:I honestly cannot remember the title. It was Red and Blue, if that helps (at least, this is what stands out in my mind). and yes, i got the hobby shop name wrong. Its the only one on the shelf though, so if you asked them about it, they'd be able to walk over and take a look.
Was it this book by any chance??

http://railroad.net/articles/columns/re ... udsonline/
Yeah, thats what it looks like!
  by kjd73170

Check out Imperial Hobby's table at the Mass Transit Modelers meet in October at Rutgers in NJ. He usually has at the table his ACMU, M1-M3 resin (not like working with plastic) shells as well as anything he has new. Microscale in N scale has Metro-North and MNCX decal sets in N scale. Good Luck modeling!