• MBTA Subway/Commuter Rail Models

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by JBConn

I have the trim film, the Microscale MBTA set and the Tru-color paint. I am leaning towards paint this time, after struggling some to get the decal stripe to lie flat over the many ridges in a (former amtrak) Bachmann Spectrum I did for my kids.

Any suggestions on a plow part #?
  by Arborwayfan

What happens when a Bostonian in Indiana reads the "Boston Rapid Transit Album" to his kindergartener and starts talking about the different parts of the system? He builds models of the most interesting stations. So, for your amusement, here is Boylston Station and the abandoned part of the Tremont Street Subway -- in Brio. Rather than cut a hole in my floor I took artistic license and put the westbound Tremont street track over the Boylston Street tracks, instead of under. You're looking at the whole setup in the long picture, and at the crossovers under Tremont Street in the square one. If I can find the Forest Hills (El days, with Arborway and the RR) that I did a while ago, I'll put it up, too. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by jrc520

Someday, I hope to do this with my child, once I have one.
  by jrc520

Pft. I could, with HO scale track, but I'd rather start raising the next generation of MBTA railfans ;-)
  by BostonUrbEx

You could do the entire Green Line (inluding A line, E to Arborway, F to Dudley, G to City Point, H to the Seaport and Airport, and GLX) in your briefcase with T scale. And still have room for the Orange and Blue Lines.
  by Arborwayfan

I'm flattered to be moved into the MBTA models thread with what I thought of a a very light-hearted post! Thanks. :)
  by jaymac

The time served at Boston Latin can never truly said to have been totally a waste. We all learned so much about the T while learning so little about the Ablative Absolute.
  by MBTA1016

Cool representation of boyalston. Too bad that the Fremont branch got abandoned a long time ago.
  by djimpact1

After having created my first MBTA work car model, 3417 last year, I felt it was time to add a 2nd Green Line work car to my LRV fleet. With that said, you'll see pictures below of my new Maintenance of Way car, 3453.

Along with the completion of this model, I have previously improved 3417's engine performance, put a roof on the articulated section & installed formal windows. I'm now left with 2 very operable & seemingly respectable work cars.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

Nice,
Do you place a clear coat on the decals?
  by SERY5978

Figured I'd share these pics finally, enjoy.