• MBTA Non-Revenue Locomotives

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by CSX Conductor

A few questions about the three non-revenue locomotives of the MBTA commuter rail.

Do the 902, 904 & 3247 have A.C.S.E.S.?

Are any of them able to operate in push-pull operation?

by Robert Paniagua

904 does, but it's on a "dead" line for now.

902 and 3247, AFATC, don't posses ACSES. This was also mentioned on another topic at this Forum.

by l008com

And what is ACSES?

by Robert Paniagua

Advanced Civil Speed Enforcement System, used by Amtrak for the Amtrak Attleboro line, which they used in preparation for the new Acela trains, although it's mandatory for all trains and cab car equipment and other engines (including MBCR's and these non-revenue engines) in order to run on Southside.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

just to clarify, the ACSES is just on the NEC (Attleboro/Providence lines) not all southside lines

by Robert Paniagua

I knew that already, but what meant was that all Southside assigned equipment would have to at least one time use the NEC, so that5's why ACSES is mandatory to have installed. :-)

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

o ok, i see what you are saying, i misunderstood :-)

by Robert Paniagua

Not a problem :-) Although all modes of coaches (even the 1600s that run the Northside PushPull ops) should have ACSES...

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

the 1600's can't come on the southside anyway because they don't have suppression on the brakes, thats what i was told

by Robert Paniagua

Oh I didn't know that, and besides, they also perform poorly too, I don't know for sure, but the 15 and 1700s are performing superior here down south.

by CSX Conductor

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:the 1600's can't come on the southside anyway because they don't have suppression on the brakes, thats what i was told
I was told the same thing years ago when they first started keeping the 1600's on the North Side.

by CSX Conductor

Anybody know what is wrong with the 902? Dave?

The Readville Switcher had a pair of Gp40's earlier in the week at Beacon Park.

by GP40MC1118

The 902 was the "victim" of an impomptu FRA visit last week, not that it wasn't already old and weary. Has some bad oil leaks and went out of
service late February. The Readville Switcher has been using GP40MC's 1125 & 1136.

d

by GP40MC 1116

Does anyone know if 1921 is still on the propery or?