• Kawasakis Tested

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sery2831

Ok, where is it now? I dont see 900 at BET, and the other 900s have not moved lately.

by CSX Conductor

No idea John, if it is gone from the terminal, and not @ BET......maybe it got lost over on "the Dark Side". :P

by sery2831

Ok, it's back on the the train with an 1100... did they go for a spin yesterday?

by jwhite07

I noticed earlier today... uhhh, yesterday... that all eight of the 900s were sitting on the Valley track at BET.
  by GP40MC1118

All 8 cars (in order) are still on the Valley Track at BET with the 1127...

D

by Diverging Route

The 8-car trainset was still there this morning. Anyone know what the plan is?

by CSX Conductor

Not 100% sure of the numbers, but I beleive the Readville Switcher took 4 of the new Kawaski's back to Readville from B.E.T. last night.

by AmtrakFan

Mr. P,
Most of the Acela transists are back so looks like it might be beating the new cars in service.

by CSX Conductor

I beleive the 900 & 901 are at Readville and possibly 2 others, not sure.

Dave?

by CSX Conductor

901 was in the S&I Building last night directly behind an 1100, 1135 possibly?!?

The Readville Switcher took coach #903 to Readville in it's consist home from B.E.T. last night. :wink:
  by GP40MC1118

Last I knew, the 904-907 group was in Yard 14 at BET this past weekend.
I believe there was one of the first group (901) out back near the dead line at BET too.

Have not checked lately. I did hear that three of of new cars were in service last week on the southside and that two out of three had AC failures.Sigh...

d

by CSX Conductor

Also on the South Side there is a new Bulletin in effect next Monday @ midnight re-iterating speed restrictions on the Dorchester Branch for Kawasaki's with a note to add the 900 series to the Special Instructions page in the timetable. :wink:

by Diverging Route

The NETransit inventory page is now showing 900-903 as active Old Colony cars (electric doors activated). Keep you eyes out for trains of solid bilevels!

by AEM7AC920

Diverging Route wrote:The NETransit inventory page is now showing 900-903 as active Old Colony cars (electric doors activated). Keep you eyes out for trains of solid bilevels!
I saw a set of all bilevels last night besides the last car. I believe 903 was the first car behind the engine and then another 900

by CSX Conductor

AEM7AC920 wrote: I saw a set of all bilevels last night besides the last car. I believe 903 was the first car behind the engine and then another 900
I saw a set yesterday also, looks much more uniform. :-)