• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CR7876

Wouldn't be shocked if the two C&D painted locomotives were in position for Friday in Farmingdale and 752 went to Jamesburg.
  by pdtrains

2 C&D painted engines in Farmingdale for the photo op on friday. It will be in all the local papers....
  by JohnFromJersey

Today is a holiday, Columbus Day / Indigenous People's Day, depending on how you see it. My union job has off today, so I assume the union jobs at Conrail also have off today, so I don't think we are going to see SA-31 today

I also don't see how it would be impossible to have 752, 1888, and 2005 all present for the event this Friday. Likely they are giving 1888 some cleaning to prepare for the event, and having 752 go take over any duties on the FIT while that happens
  by Bracdude181

So what’s the deal with this bridge in Jamesburg? My friend was over there a little while ago and he says he doesn’t see any bridges being worked on
  by MHKProductions

Not sure when it will begin they plan to do so soon, but it would be smart to start next year when the weather gets warmer not colder.
  by Bracdude181

Hopefully the other bridges mentioned in the grant are getting replaced soon too. Especially the one in Lakewood.
Last edited by Bracdude181 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by MHKProductions

4408 is the only locomotive today? Is he going to be able to pull 15 on the return later today, especially giving that last week 4408 had a breakdown and didn't even leave browns. He should be good now if he's taking care of the '31 by himself again.
  by AceMacSD

MHKProductions wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:06 am So does SA-31 to Bank today have freeholds cars?
Ya ain't gonna see Freehold cars going to bank until the track works begin. They're starting in spring and'll last til probably end of summer.
  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:23 pm So what’s the deal with this bridge in Jamesburg? My friend was over there a little while ago and he says he doesn’t see any bridges being worked on
Work's not starting til next year.