• Daily News: Rt. 15 Trolleys will roll in September

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by SCB2525

Remember when $1.91 was expensive?

by walt

SCB2525 wrote:Remember when $1.91 was expensive?
I remember when a fare increase from $.15 to $.25 was monumental!

by Nasadowsk

Years ago, when the rollerblading thing hit NYC, and right after the $1.35 subway fare came and wenmt, some sports store chain in NYC had an ad on the subway that showed a shot of an NYC subway stations wall, and a mosaic that read:

"$1.35 subway tokens. That was a fad"

Wow, I can't even remember when it was below a dollar :(

As a slight aside - I always wondered if anyone ever got the bright idea for those turnpike change collecting things to make one that could return change by shooting it out the basket and back at the driver....

I love that pic of the PCC turning. I wonder if the idiot in the Benz stopped short before hitting the PCC? Note the red light and stop line back about 20 feet...

by Urban D Kaye

I remember driving to the Poconos 2 summers ago and seeing a gas station boasting $1.25 a gallon for regular (when the going rate was $1.75). Now I'm thrilled to find $2.15.

Of course, I also remember my grandfather sending me to the bar down the street to buy him a pack of smokes, handing me 2 quarters and telling me to keep the change!

Imagine today...
1. Sending a 7-year-old child to a bar
2. The bartender selling that 7-year-old a pack of cigarettes
3. And that pack costing about 40 cents

Ah, those really WERE the days.

by walt

Nasadowsk wrote:Years ago, when the rollerblading thing hit NYC, and right after the $1.35 subway fare came and wenmt, some sports store chain in NYC had an ad on the subway that showed a shot of an NYC subway stations wall, and a mosaic that read:

"$1.35 subway tokens. That was a fad"

Wow, I can't even remember when it was below a dollar :(
I remember when you could ride all over the NY subway system for $.15!-( a looong time ago)

by jfrey40535

IF we're all so sure the trolley's will role come September, why has there been no announcement from SEPTA? When they restring Richmond St and resume operator training, I'll believe. Let's keep an eye on these guys, I'd be willing to bet come late August another excuse will arise.