• CP Rail Holiday Train Schedule

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

Maybrook fan wrote:I'm looking for basic info to help me make up my mind if I should set out on this journey :)
All the info you'll need: http://www8.cpr.ca/cms/English/General+ ... efault.htm
  by Maybrook fan

Mr. Vondrak, I thank you.
  by blownb310

Very much looking forward to this year's CP Holiday Train schedule.
New York

Friday, November 26

* Rouses Point – 11:00 p.m., Rouses Point Station

Pennsylvania

Saturday, November 27

* Pennsylvania Scranton – 6:00 p.m., Steamtown Railroad Museum, Lackawanna Ave.

New York

Saturday, November 27

* Binghamton – 9:15 p.m., CP East Binghamton Rail Yard, Conklin Ave.

Sunday, November 28

* Oneonta – 3:15 p.m., Gas Avenue Railroad Crossing
* Cobleskill – 6:15 p.m., Cobleskill Fire Department, 610 Main Street
* Delanson – 8:00 p.m., Main Street Railroad Crossing
* Schenectady – 9:30 p.m., Maxon Road

Monday, November 29

* Saratoga Springs – 12:00 p.m., Amtrak Station
* Fort Edward – 1:45 p.m., Amtrak Station
* Whitehall – 3:15 p.m., Amtrak Station
* Ticonderoga – 5:00 p.m., Pell's Crossing, Amtrak Waiting Area, Route 74 (Fort Ti Road)
* Port Henry – 6:30 p.m., Amtrak Station, West side stop
* Plattsburgh – 9:15 p.m., Amtrak Station
  by blownb310

I'll be headed out to see the train at Delanson tonight. Anyone else chasing this year?

Mike
  by Benjamin Maggi

My wife and I went last night to see it in Schenectady. We arrived an hour early, and got "a good parking spot." It was set to arrive at 9:30PM, but at 9:20 a fast mixed freight train blew through the area in the opposite direction. I thought for sure someone was going to get run over because the public had gotten close to the tracks. Anyway, when the Holiday Train arrived my wife and I checked it out then headed home. It was pretty cool to see, though none of our pictures really turned out. Perhaps I will try sometime in the afternoon next year when it is dark enough to see the lights but light enough for good shots.
  by blownb310

Thanks for that Ben. Glad you got to see the bonus fast mixed train while you were there too. I was at the 8:00 pm Delanson stop and the train was right on time. It was really well attended this year. The lack of wind and temps in the low 30's made it quite comfortable. One thing I was remided of is that if you go to one of these events and plan to buy hot chocolate while there, it's a better idea to bring your own. The venders cannot make hot water fast enough to keep up with the demand.

My pics didn't come out well this year either.

Mike
  by alzubal

If you go to Delanson next year walk up the street to the church free coffee, chili,hot dogs and pie. all are welcome.
Al
  by blownb310

Wow, that's good to know, thanks!

Mike
  by switcher3051

This year the CP Holiday Train is on Nov 27 but didn't see the time on the sign. The rt 395 crossing in Delanson will be closed Nov 14-18. 2 sections of track on the SE are waiting to be put in place. Hopefully it will be smoother.
  by blownb310

Thanks for the update fellas!

Mike
  by SST

I was just looking at the CP map and the closest one to me is Toronto. But if I read it correctly, it won't be in Toronto until the 29th. I have to work. It would have been a great mini road trip. Maybe next year.
  by alzubal

Food at he church again this year. Word from C.P. Rail if the public gives the rail police a hard time again this year and do not do as they are told the train will not stop again in the future. Please pass the word to the folks you know who may be coming.
Thank You
Al
  by switcher3051

Figures some people would mess things up. Was it generally not listening or dumb things like standing in the guage or crawling underneath?
  by alzubal

All th above.
Al