• CP Rail Holiday Train Schedule

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Leo_Ames

Do they ever use their Hudson or F units on this train? I'd travel a couple hours to see it, but not if its just some safety cab GE's on the front.

Finding a schedule of known dates the Hudson is going to be active seems impossible after searching a hour or so last night, so figured I'd ask.
  by Otto Vondrak

Leo_Ames wrote:Do they ever use their Hudson or F units on this train?
No.
I'd travel a couple hours to see it, but not if its just some safety cab GE's on the front.
Yeah.

by blownb310

Does anyone know if they had a nice toasty bonfire to keep us warm last year in Oneonta [like they did in Delanson]?

Mike
  by Maybrook fan

Anyone catch this in Scranton or Binghamton ??? I wondered if its worth riding form the Hudson Valley to see it in Cobelskill tonight ???
  by Otto Vondrak

It will depart Binghamton at 1:30pm and arrive at Oneonta sometime around 4:30pm.

-otto-
  by chuchubob

Maybrook fan wrote:Anyone catch this in Scranton or Binghamton ??? I wondered if its worth riding form the Hudson Valley to see it in Cobelskill tonight ???
I saw it at Scranton on Friday. Photos are on a SubChat post.
  by blownb310

Thanks for the updates and pic guys!

Mike
  by blownb310

Excellent, thanks for the bump and for providing the link!

Mike
  by Otto Vondrak

http://www8.cpr.ca/cms/English/General+ ... hedule.htm
U.S. North East schedule

In the U.S. Northeast, the Holiday Train will embark on its journey November 26 in Rouses Point, New York finishing November 30 in Plattsburgh, New York where it continues on to Southern Ontario and the U.S. Midwest. Entertainers on this train include Prescott and Adam Puddington, along with special guests Shaun Verreault and Willy Porter. All times are local and approximate. Please check the arrival time prior to attending the event as this schedule is subject to change and plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early.

New York
Thursday, November 26
Rouses Point – 11:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., Rouses Point Station

Pennsylvania
Saturday, November 28
Scranton – 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Steamtown Railroad Museum, Lackawanna Ave.

New York
Saturday, November 28
Binghamton – 8:45 p.m. to 9:15 p.m., CP East Binghamton Rail Yard, Conklin Ave.

Sunday, November 29
Oneonta – 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., Gas Avenue Railroad Crossing

Cobleskill – 6:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m., Cobleskill Fire Department, 610 Main Street

Delanson – 8:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Main Street Railroad Crossing

Schenectady – 9:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., Maxon Road

Monday, November 30
Saratoga Springs – 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., Amtrak Station

Fort Edward – 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m., Amtrak Station

Whitehall – 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m., Amtrak Station

Ticonderoga – 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Pell's Crossing, Amtrak Waiting Area, Route 74 (Fort Ti Road)

Port Henry – 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Amtrak Station, West side stop

Plattsburgh – 9:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m., Amtrak Station
  by Maybrook fan

To see the Holiday train I'd have to drive a minimum or 3 hrs one way. So please I'd like to know just what happens when the train makes its stop. Is it basicly a 20 min. to 1/2 hour show of some sort. Is there any charge or tickets required ? Do they ask/take any type of donations for worthy causes ??? I'm looking for basic info to help me make up my mind if I should set out on this journey :)