Railroad Forums 

• best photo stations

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#28768  by Jersey_Mike

There are parking garages both at Nu Brunzwick and Elizabeth that offer wonderful vantages of the NEC. I am not sure who ownes them, but they are much safer than the platforms.

#28779  by thebigc

chuchubob wrote:
A friend of mine got hassled by NJT cops and Hammonton cops in Hammonton a couple months ago. This was when the NJT cops were saying that photographing NJT from public property was forbidden. He was told that he couldn't photograph the AC train from the sidewalk.
Well, it's nice to see NJT's finest doing something other than writing parking tickets for employees.

#28801  by Mark Schweber

The station may be owned by the Town of Millburn, but the platforms are still NJT property! You would have to shoot the train from inside the westbound station for it to be legal.
I am not sure about the platforms (I am pretty sure I have seen Millburn workers filling potholes, etc on the platform not NJT workers) but there is landscaped space around the platform that is definitely Milburn property that gives good vantage points.

#29558  by jdelgrosso

Hey, I am getting hassled at not just stations. I just got harassed by Pinnacle Health Center in Philadelphia. "can I ask you what your doing? This lot is private property, your gonna have to leave. My reply was "Don't you have patients or something to nurse instead of kicking me out of a parking lot?" He got mad and made me leave. JUST BECAUSE IT ISN'T RR PROPERTY, YOU WILL GET BUSTED BY A HEALTH COMPANY.

#29561  by sullivan1985

I think rutherford station is one of the most beautiful stations on the Bergen/Main next to Ridgewood. And if you go further west, Tuxedo is also a very nice place...

#29591  by Irish Chieftain

JDelGrosso wrote:I am getting hassled at not just stations. I just got harassed by Pinnacle Health Center in Philadelphia
That's private property, and they have a right to eject trespassers. Stick with public property where possible.