• Atlas Passenger Station

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ErieRailroadFan

Marty Feldner wrote:Aha- now I know who I'm talking to- sorry to give you agita :-)

I don't know what your modeling skill level is (though I can surmise, given your other activities), but the Suffern station should be a fairly easy one to either kitbash or even scratchbuild. Relatively modern (early '40's) and a fairly straightforward box structure, it shouldn't be too tough to cobble together with Evergreen plastic and other available materials and details.

This plastic structure has made the rounds over many years; I have one in 'N' on the shelf from years ago, by Bachmann (less the platform canopy); in the 1990's Walther's listed the same station (as Malden) by Model Power. And Atlas, of course. All identical...
No agita at all! A good dose of reality is a good thing. :)

As for modeling... well, my skill set isn't quite so developed. Working on the real C177, I find a big hammer is a legitimate tool that can make the car better. Working on a plastic model, the hammer is... not quite as effective? Although, after dropping a small detail part off the desk and losing it, the hammer does begins to look like a more attractive solution to my frustration with the kit. :0
  by Otto Vondrak

I think I need to sit down with some Atlas station kits and have some quality time again!
  by Dieter

I wonder what THREEE of them bashed together would look like? Another variation would be to bash a freight annex on one end.

Here's a possiblity, it even has the practically the same windows;

This is the former Canadian National station in St. Quentin, New Brunswick. The tracks are gone since around 1980, the ROW is now part of the Appalachian Trail Extension that continues from Maine up to Quebec. The restored structure is a TI Centre with a small museum and a gift shop.

Gee, see any similarities between this structure and the Atlas Station?

D/