• Advice needed!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by mb41

I guess when you grow up in a certain area and use the station all the time I don't think twice. I never get off at other certain stations for I'm not use to the area.

by jwhite07

I've seen drug deals go down at Forest Hills. It's not a very safe place.
Oh my. On two separate occasions I recall seeing drug deals go down at Newton Highlands station, and once I actually had someone *ask* me if I wanted to buy drugs, in broad daylight, right in the middle of the Financial District. Those must be unsafe places too, huh?

Funny thing, I've spent a very great deal of time in the past fifteen years in and around the Forest Hills station area, and I've never once had a problem.

by dudeursistershot

CJ wrote:though in all the years i went through there, nothing ever happened!
Well, that's true, drugs really don't necessarily mean crime and only mean crime because of ridiculous anti-drug laws... but I don't want to get into that...
  by Cosmo

...of course the REALY scary ones are the deals that go bad...in spectacular fassion. A lot of those on the news from Hartford lately.

by CS

So in other words... (getting back on topic)

by Robert Paniagua

Mr. Brutality:

Another place to go is down is to the Southeastern MA suburbs of Braintree via Red Line which you can also catch a train consists of 01700s (constructed by Canadian Car Rail Corp better known as UTDC in 1987-88) and 01800s made by their replacement Bombardier in 1993/94 (newest coaches). Braintree is a Southeastern MA community, the station area is safe, there's a nearby restaurant known as Bickford's and a Motel 6 right across Ivory Street if you need any overnight accomodations.

by njtmnrrbuff

Be very careful along the southeastern corridor area, along the Orange Line. Those hoods are not that good. The Red Line out to Braintree is supposed to be nice, even though I haven't ridden it. I believe it comes outside a few stops after S. Station.

by Ron Newman

Both branches of the Red Line come above ground just after Andrew. The Ashmont branch goes back into a tunnel between Fields Corner and Ashmont.

by AznSumtinSumtin

I cant believe no one mentioned the Longfellow Bridge. The Longfellow Bridge is located between Kendall/MIT and Charles/MGH on the Red Line. Look out the window facing west(right side of the train if your going south or left side of the train if your going north). You get a stunning view of the Charles River and the Boston Skyline. It is even better at night when everything is all lit up.

You should avoid taking the Haverhill/Reading commuter line if your stop is between Malden Center and Reading if your short on cash. It is much cheaper to take the Orange Line to Malden Center Station and then take the 137 bus. My way costs around $1.25-$2.80 vs $2.00-$3.50 on the Commuter rail. The 137 stops near all the Commuter Rail stops between Malden Center and Reading.

On a nontransit related note, I recommend taking the Boston Movie Tours if your a big movie fan.